3,126 results
All reviews the red owl tavern rooftop bar independence hall liberty bell alice in wonderland stratus lounge wine hour old city park view across the street soaking tub yoga mat complimentary wine beautiful hotel wedding weekend mini bar historic district
Reviewed August 16, 2018

I reached out to the Monaco's team because it was my parents anniversary and we were staying at the Monaco to go to a Phillies game. Roshid, the concierge, and the staff went so far above and beyond it was unreal! The Pastry Chef, TyNesha, made them the most beautiful cake. She is truly an artist and it was incredible what she was able to create. She even was able to include their wedding picture within the cake. Roshid had it displayed in the room when they checked in. They were so surprised! It was truly special. Roshid took such good care us, he even was able to get their names on the jumbo-tron at the Phillies game! Roshid, thank you! Not only are you the best concierge but I know you genuinely cared about making this a special stay for my family. You are outstanding!
Thank you so much Hotel Monaco for making this an anniversary that my parents will never forget. You all are awesome! Oh, I almost forgot. The hotel is beautiful and the location is the best in the city! You can not find a better hotel. The Hotel Monaco is hands down the best hotel in Philadelphia!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Philly_Hotel_GM, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Chitowndavid2018 - Thank you for choosing to stay with Kimpton's Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia. Sounds like you enjoyed your time with us as much as we enjoyed having you. I am glad that my team and I were able to make your stay such a memorable one. We can not wait to have you back for another amazing experience. See you soon! Cheers!

Reviewed August 15, 2018

I booked the Monaco without knowing anything about it for my wife and I to take a 3 day trip for her 50th BIrthday. We arrived after midnight Sunday, easy to get to, right in the heart of everything, and close to tour bus stops as well. The rooms are a bit small, the restaurants on site are on the priciey side for the avg traveler. The staff are excellent and do go out of their way to help you. Very knowledgeable and curteous staff, everyone was quick to assist. A few draw backs is no in room coffee maker and no microwave to heat up all of the delicious Philly food.

Would I go back again? Most certainly, you cannot beat the location and the view across from the park and in the heart of everything. As with most Hotels in the heart you will have to pay for valet parking $50 day, but if willing to drive you can come and go as needed.

I would suggest if visiting more than two days get on the BIg Hop on Hop off tour bus and take the entire tour, then plan out your site seeing trips and get tickets. On our second day we realized much easier to jump on and off the bus vs walking everywhere, plus we got to learn about additional sites.

Kimpton Hotel Monaco is unique, close to everything, excellent views, and has a great staff. Is it worth the $$ ?? For the location I would say Yes. Instead of giving an average rating, I rated it very good .. only due to its location. In my opinion the rooms and amenities were nothing exstravagant or over the top. I have stayed at much better hotels for less with better amenities, but, ....Here you are paying for the close proximity to all of the sites so the price will be higher as you trade location for larger rooms, amenities, and posh upscale rooms. Don’t get me wrong, the rooms are nice, just dont expect something high end like you would get in the MIdwest or West coast, or down south. I had to keep in mind its a tourist area and hotels come at a premium I guess.

Room tip: Ask for a park view room, and ask for a soaking tub room
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdW1153

Ed - Thank you for choosing Kimpton's Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia. We can not thank you enough for taking the time out to provide such useful feedback about your stay. I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed our awesome hotel location. We are happy to know that you will be back. I am glad that my team and I were able to make you feel at home. We hope to have you back soon for another great stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I spent the night at Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia in July. I have stayed at other Kimpton Hotel Monaco’s and have seen that they are much more service and detail oriented than other places. This stay in Philadelphia didn’t disappoint. Quick and easy and personable check in. Timely and friendly bell service. The room was 100% beautiful. Decorating outstanding. Room clean. My 13 year old daughter immediately decided it was her favorite hotel room ever because of how wonderful the beds and decorating were. We had a very early morning flight in the morning. I spoke with the bell man the night before and he was kind enough to personally call the valet service to make sure my car would be ready for me by 5:45am. Even better, it was waiting for me just as promised. Bravo!!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Philly_Hotel_GM, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Edcamm1 - Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed everything. We are so glad you and your daughter felt so welcomed at your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Great check-in experience. We made this a last minute trip and didn't really plan out our activities. The concierge gave us great recommendations for places to go close to the hotel. Our room was bright, decorated with fun wallpaper designs. Bathroom was spacious and very clean! We had breakfast at the Red Owl Tavern, the decor was fun, service was prompt and friendly.
We can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: August 2018

Adriana N - Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We booked the Mist room which is located up at the rooftop bar for my wife's 40th birthday party. Everything went extremely smooth from start to finish. The staff was awesome and the planning folks were very accommodating when asked to help with set up prior to the event. Thank you again!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jeff S - Thank you for staying with us and for having your wife's birthday party with us! We hope you come back for the 41st birthday!