“Awesome middle eastern place in Philly”

Manakeesh Cafe Bakery & Grill
Ranked #41 of 163 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

For pictures and other reviews. Check me out on Instagram @asimlilani

Can’t go wrong with this place that I have been frequenting for years!

Food [8/10] - When we walked in, there was a long line of people who wanted a piece from menu and for good reason. Food is solid from the platters to the sandwiches! The bakery next door also serves some delicious smoothies, crepes and coffee! Beirut Coffee (Caffe Beirut) hit the spot after a long day at the beach. The Chicken Shawarma platter was delicious and left me really satisfied. It came with a large serving of Chicken Shawarma pieces, French fries, Hunmus and Salad.
Service [7/10] - Order at the front and pick up when your number is called. Simple, easy and efficient. It works for this place.
Ambiance [7/10] - Been here for casual lunches and dinners as well as sit downs with family and this place doesn’t disappoint. There is a nice outdoor seating space for summer nights which is always a plus.

A lot of people visit Saad’s across the street but miss out in this gem.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Manakeesh was the first Lebanese restaurant that I ever ate in and the food was so delicious that I am excited for more! I had Fool for an appetizer. Fool is fava beans with lemon, garlic, olive oil and a bunch of other delicious goodness that I don’t know. You dip a delicious and fluffy flatbread into your Fool. I then had a chicken shawarma wrap which tasted like nothing I’ve ever had before. It is similar to a gyro, but the spices and sauce are different. It is spiced, but not spicy hot. The wrap is also a flatbread. Dessert consisted of sticky, sweet, and crunchy baklava. The restaurant was clean and decorated beautifully, but also a casual dining experience. You order at the counter and then seat yourself. They call you up by number when your food is ready. There were interesting things to look at everywhere your eyes went. There were people from many different cultures dining together in comfort. This was an all around great dining experience and I hope to dine there again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 17, 2018

This is one of the best middle eastern foods we ate in the States. We've been to Middle East a few times. The food at this restaurant comes very close. This is not a fancy place. It is a self-service and it can be slow sometimes. We stopped by around 7PM on Sunday night. It was packed with families which is usually a good sign. You stand in line to order. The person who takes orders can be quite "stern" (which is quite authentic too :). Then you pick a table and wait till your number is called and pick up your plates at the counter.
We ordered chicken kabab, special salads, variety of chick peas dishes - everything was fresh and delicious.
Pastries are sold at the cafe section and are well worth trying. Coffee is really strong (as it should be).
It is a real Philadelphian gem.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

The food, including flatbread pizzas, hummus, smoothies, and desserts, are all very good. We have been here many times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and each time the service is not good. The people who work here are gruff and rude.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

I stopped at the cafe because of the storm , I decided to eat middle eastern food .

From beginning : the guy who took the order was rigid and not a nice welcome man so he is not at the right place ( I hate to say rude ) even when he answer the phone for delivery order

The food is great and delicious , but it’s really expensive compare to many cafe and restaurant

The woman who do the tea and coffee was outstanding at every thing ( always smile )

I wish she can teach other Labours

I downgrade the rate because of price and customer service

Date of visit: January 2018