“Freshest Pasta, Scrumptious Appetizers, Flavor and Size of Entree can't be Beat”
Review of Ristorante Pesto

Ristorante Pesto
Ranked #1 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Giovanni and Concetta Varallo are honored to welcome you to RISTORANTE PESTO. Our meals are prepared in the finest Authentic Italian Tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. Chef Giovanni Varallo's and Chef Maria Varallo-Facenda's care, dedication and attention to detail transform every dish into a work of art. We hope your stay with us is a "Dining Experience."
Reviewed 26 May 2017

This restaurant is so great that I go one or twice monthly.
It's a BYOB with a bar if you decide to have drinks served.
Service is stupendous. From the moment you walk in the door the culinary experience is superb. Service is outstanding. I can promise you that you will roll out belly full and totally satisfied. (With leftovers for lunch for next day) Ample parking out front whenever I visit. A must visit for any occasion Family , Friends, Business you won't be disappointed

Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

There were 20 of us that gathered for dinner after my nephews college graduation on Sunday afternoon ! I can't give this place the highest star cause it's just not enough! They treated us like we were family and they always do, this is how you are treated in South Philly!
The food is without a doubt the best and BYOB in Philadelphia! Huge menu and specials that go on forever!
Trust me this place is a jewel and you won't be disappointed ! We all loved this place and Concetta took a great picture for us after dinner!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Thank you Concetta Varallo for the wonderful atmosphere great food and cocktails. Everything was absolutely amazing. Our waitress Jenna was great along with Chris. They were very attentive. They made my Anniversary dinner amazing. Thanks again for the hospitality

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Terrific food at excellent value, very warm hospitality.
Menu is good, but the specials are where it's at.
We had the signature sea food pasta dish - bingo !!
I had lamb chops - 8 baby beauties.
Free app to share - they brought delish eggplant dish.
Con - the co-owner, came by for a visit and explained they always do this.
Their big success is no surprise.
Try it !!

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This is by far the best Italian restaurant. I have been there several times including Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, birthdays and just to go for dinner. We are NEVER disappointed. Concetta is so friendly and welcoming, makes you feel at home. The food is amazing with tons of specials daily. BYOB with no corkage fee is also a huge plus. We have enjoyed coming here so much that we plan to have our rehearsal dinner here. I highly recommend the appetizer of mushroom stuffed with crab meat, the breaded filet and mozzarella, the eggplant appetizer and the seafood specialty pasta. This restaurant is a must go to.