“A Taste of Greece in Manyunk”
Review of Zesty's

Zesty's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zesty's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #678 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Manayunk
Cross street: Levering
Transit: Bus and train are within walking distance.
Description: It’s a great pleasure having you here and we thank you for your continued support through the years. We’ve seen a lot of changes during our time here, and we are very pleased to introduce our new gastropub, Munk & Nunn; complete with a brand new marble bar, state of the art lighting system, and a touch of old world charm. Our custom hand-crafted church pews provide comfortable seating near the bar, and our traditional café style seating is perfect for dinner parties or after work gatherings. If you’d prefer to be outside we’ve got you covered--our sidewalk seating is perfectly shaded in the summer and comfortably heated in the fall. Our goal is for every guest to enjoy all we have to offer, from our unique and flavorful small plates to our famous whole fish and traditional Greek favorites. Quench your thirst with the coldest beer on tap in Philadelphia, or share a delicious treat from our signature cocktail menu. Once you’ve been here, you will always be considered a friend.
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Zesty's. From the moment we walked through the front door the service was excellent. Greeted by what we believe were the owners, one immediately went to get us a table. Another came by to make sure we were being taken care of. That continued through the meal, checking on us periodically. And it was a very busy this night (a Saturday) with every table occupied. We ordered the combo app with hummus (excellent), tzatziki (very good), and roasted eggplant (excellent) served with pita. Two of us ordered the Lamb Kapama (delicious) and one ordered the Moussaka (wonderful). Desserts were chocolate mousse cake and of course baklava - both excellent. Many other selections on the menu including various fish and Italian dishes will definitely bring us back in the future. Varied beer menu (mainly bottled with some on tap) with local selections was a welcomed surprise. Even had entertainment on this night. Strongly recommend it if you like Greek food (and they had Italian as well).

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Food was delicious. The server and Chef were accommodating and the atmosphere was great. We really enjoyed ourselves very much, Thank You!

Reviewed October 23, 2016

This restaurant was amazing.
First, the decor was nice and the lighting was just right.
Second, the music was not blaring.
Third, the waitress and the host were friendly.
So we ordered an appetizer. It was a fried cheese with lemon over it and it was amazing and they served like fresh bread on the side that was also good.
Then I ordered the a stuffed chicken with spinach and feta that came out on top of potato fingerlings and green beans. Simply amazing!
My wife ordered the moussaka with beef and she loved it.
They also gave each of us an amazing bowl of butternut squash soup with sage on top of it and we also enjoyed that as well.
Definitely recommend this place to take your date out for a nice, but romantic time.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

I rode up to Manayunk from NJ on my motorcycle. I'm not real familiar with the restaurants in this town, but this one caught my eye. It just happened to be restaurant week. The menu outside the door looked interesting, so I went in to try it. It was a 3 course meal for $35.00. I started with the mussels for an app. My main course was filet mignon ( medium rare of course) with vegetables and potatoes. My dessert was a cannoli. Everything was fabulous. The filet mignon was small, but extremely tasty. The vegetables and potatoes were cooked perfectly. The mussels were fabulous. This is definitely a restaurant I will come back to. The service was great. My server, Jenna, was very personable, attentive without being annoying and very nice to look at. Hey we all know that adds to the experience :-). I highly recommend this establishment! Bravo!

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

We wound up at Zesty's on a recommendation from our Uber driver. While checking out the menu outside, we were warmly invited in with the promise of a great meal, and we were not disappointed. We were treated like family the whole time we were there. We were well taken care of at the table, including personal service from the bartender. We had the calamari and the mussels as an appetizer--both fantastic. Make sure to get some extra bread to dip once you're done with the mussels!! Three of us had crab cakes--excellent! Light breading on the outside that was just enough to hold them together--all crab and no filler! Not only a great meal, but a great experience. Cannot say enough about the service. Will definitely go back!