“Charming, Fun and Delicious”

Roller's Restaurant
Ranked #1,578 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chestnut Hill
Reviewed August 27, 2016

I meet a dear friend at Roller's. It has been there for 35 years. She is from the neighborhood and suggested it. I had the local tomato salad, sauteed soft shell crabs (2) with wine butter sauce and she had the lobster salad ( a whole lobster with all the meat laid on top - no work!). We hared our food and loved both. The table next to us ordered the same thing. They were raving as well. Their wine list is wonderful. The Chardonnay went well with everything.

1  Thank robertmg515

Reviewed July 3, 2016

Paul Roller has created a number of outstanding dishes; others are good. You might have him as your server. Obviously knowledgeable, sometimes a little arrogant.

1  Thank Charles H
Reviewed December 9, 2015

This is a long time Chestnut Hill favorite. Their soft shell crabs are the best I've ever had though I would like the portions to be larger. The service is not great- servers are often cranky and not going beyond the minimum. They do not use lump crab meat in their crab cakes, which is disappointing. the atmosphere is nothing special but the food is good.

Reviewed November 25, 2015

Our favorite breakfast spot. Fresh ingredients, cooked perfectly. Get there early on the weekend. Their frittatas are delicious too!

Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

We live nearby and frankly, pass by this restaurant every day, but haven't been in it in years for dinner. We decided to go because we were looking for seafood. I am so glad we did!!

I ordered the lobster special. It was great, so creative, fresh and tasty. Cold lobster out of the shell was served with a freshly made mayo, and the claws were used to make a lobster salad. Fresh tomatoes were served with it, along with sesame noodles, French green beans and a salad with great dressing. It was a delightful dish. The bread was delicious and warm. The rest of my party had homemade pumpkin ravioli with prosciutto in a wonderful sauce, and Mexican Chicken that had great flavors. Everyone's dish was really really good. My husband commented on how he wanted to review it because there weren't a lot of recent reviews. It deserves a try for anyone looking for great locally sourced food prepared with great flavors.

The restaurant really paid attention to flavors and presentation and it was so fresh. A hot piping fresh pie was offered for dessert and looked and smelled so good.

This place has been around so long I just expected it to only be so-so but it truly impressed me (not easy to do). The quality of food is very high. The dining room needs a paint job, but the food they are putting out rivals any great restaurant to which I have been. I have rediscovered a gem in my own neighborhood and hope that others rediscover it as well.

1  Thank rrlawgirl