“Super diner”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Summer Saturday stopped at noon, got seated within minutes and server was quick with the menu. Very friendly hostess and other staff as they passed. The diner is just what you want in a diner. Plus, a separate diner for ice creams. I had "home made" hash which was I believe canned with some potatoes and spices added and not grilled to be crisp. the cheese grits were good and breads were toasted fine. It was a good stop in a gorgeous area of homes and shops and outdoor markets.

1  Thank dinerms

Reviewed July 26, 2017

If you've ever driven in this area it is absolutely beautiful. However, this little gem is in the perfect location. The neighborhood is so old and unique, I didn't want to leave. Locals walking everywhere just enjoying how cool their neighborhood is.

The service and the welcome was great. The food.. well, I wanted to try everything. My coworker and I got the cheesesteaks and homemade chips. He got cheesecake and it looked wonderful. The milkshakes are the real deal as Guy would say. Oh I forgot to tell you, DDD did a story on the TC and that's how we found her. You have to try the Trolley Car and don't forget...they serve breakfast all day long. You will love it here.

1  Thank Sissyandbrodda
Reviewed July 23, 2017

We breakfast here frequently. Service is friendly and efficient. Diner food enhanced with some vegetarian selections including some vegan options. The diner is very kid- and family-friendly, which means there can be a long wait for a table on a busy Sunday morning but we find it worth the wait. Friendly diner atmosphere. Most menu items I've tried have been good.

2  Thank Anne W
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

A popular diner between two strong neighborhoods makes this a good choice. Excellent menu with wide variety, fast & friendly service, reasonably priced, clearly superior as better diner food. Proprietor is a strong community supporter.

1  Thank John L W
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Came here at 1 PM on a Friday. Restaurant was half empty but it took 10 minutes for the hostess to come over and get our names. ?? We were informed it was a 15 minute wait. I should have left then but I didn't know the area and I had a gift card (that I won at a charity event.)
The hostess seats the five of us at a table meant for four. She drops the menus on the table and leaves. I find a chair to pull over at the end...and notice other tables that seat six.
After ten minutes, a waitress takes our drink order and we hope that things improve. Nope. 45 minutes later, we still don't have food or refills. The food then comes...huge portions which I assume is what makes this place popular. But none of it is very good. My son wouldn't even eat his spaghetti...and that it what he orders at every restaurant we go to so its not like he's picky. My spicy chicken wrap was actually pretty bland.
When we leave, none of our plates or glasses have been cleared the whole time. So a table for 4 has five people at it with 10 glasses and five huge plates. It was a mess.
Maybe its better for breakfast but you'd be hard-pressed to get me to go there ever again.

1  Thank elawson