“Trolley Car Diner”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2017

If you're looking for a true diner type eating experience where you are packed in because the food and service are how you remember it and how you like it, then this is the place to go. The menu is extensive from breakfast plates to club sandwiches to great desserts. Service is pleasant and efficient. Prices are reasonable and the food is great. Customers are just happy to break bread together in a familiar, homey atmosphere and be fed well. And when you are done eating, you can walk off the calories by shopping the stores of Chestnut Hill which has returned to its roots by offering eccentric and interesting artisan shops, antique galleries, and global items.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

On one of my usual 2x's a month visit the waitress was wonderful, left her a nice tip. Now on the other hand, there was a chick that said I haven't earned my $5.00 off, when I checked out. I was just a little confused because the receipt said distinctly, "Connie you saved $5.00 today!" The lady said,"oh,the machine usually takes it off." Disgusted, I politely said, "O-K, have a good evening!" The food was excellent as the Trolleycar always gives a very good helping of food. My Fiance's food was good as well. On the receipt it said Operator 113. Trolleycar please alert your folks that that's what the REWARDS card is for.
Thanks!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Summer Saturday stopped at noon, got seated within minutes and server was quick with the menu. Very friendly hostess and other staff as they passed. The diner is just what you want in a diner. Plus, a separate diner for ice creams. I had "home made" hash which was I believe canned with some potatoes and spices added and not grilled to be crisp. the cheese grits were good and breads were toasted fine. It was a good stop in a gorgeous area of homes and shops and outdoor markets.

1  Thank dinerms
Reviewed July 26, 2017

If you've ever driven in this area it is absolutely beautiful. However, this little gem is in the perfect location. The neighborhood is so old and unique, I didn't want to leave. Locals walking everywhere just enjoying how cool their neighborhood is.

The service and the welcome was great. The food.. well, I wanted to try everything. My coworker and I got the cheesesteaks and homemade chips. He got cheesecake and it looked wonderful. The milkshakes are the real deal as Guy would say. Oh I forgot to tell you, DDD did a story on the TC and that's how we found her. You have to try the Trolley Car and don't forget...they serve breakfast all day long. You will love it here.

1  Thank Sissyandbrodda
Reviewed July 23, 2017

We breakfast here frequently. Service is friendly and efficient. Diner food enhanced with some vegetarian selections including some vegan options. The diner is very kid- and family-friendly, which means there can be a long wait for a table on a busy Sunday morning but we find it worth the wait. Friendly diner atmosphere. Most menu items I've tried have been good.

2  Thank Anne W