“Great potential but needs work”
Review of Trolley Car Diner

Trolley Car Diner
Ranked #523 of 4,649 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant looks charming from the outside and is insuch a quaint town. However, ince inside, it becomes obvious the place needs a lot of work. The booth we sat in had tears in it fixed with duct tape. The bathrroom was not upkept and only the big stall had toilet paper in it- but the lock is broken. I had to go in there to find toilet paper then go into another stall. Tje floor was sticky and my shoes were sticking to the floor. The restaurant needs to focus on its appearance and cleanliness. Food was okay. I wouldn't go there again unless it was redone and upkept better.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Overall, we enjoyed our experience at the Trolley Car Diner. The service was great, despite the fact that it was quite a busy Sunday morning at the restaurant. The food was also good, although we wished the hashbrowns were more on the crispy side and less on the mushy side.

Our only serious complaint is that the dining area had a sort of "wet dog" smell throughout. We could not tell if the smell was coming from the restaurant itself, or some of our fellow patrons, but either way it was not a pleasant smell to have around you, especially while eating.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

If you're looking for a true diner type eating experience where you are packed in because the food and service are how you remember it and how you like it, then this is the place to go. The menu is extensive from breakfast plates to club sandwiches to great desserts. Service is pleasant and efficient. Prices are reasonable and the food is great. Customers are just happy to break bread together in a familiar, homey atmosphere and be fed well. And when you are done eating, you can walk off the calories by shopping the stores of Chestnut Hill which has returned to its roots by offering eccentric and interesting artisan shops, antique galleries, and global items.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

On one of my usual 2x's a month visit the waitress was wonderful, left her a nice tip. Now on the other hand, there was a chick that said I haven't earned my $5.00 off, when I checked out. I was just a little confused because the receipt said distinctly, "Connie you saved $5.00 today!" The lady said,"oh,the machine usually takes it off." Disgusted, I politely said, "O-K, have a good evening!" The food was excellent as the Trolleycar always gives a very good helping of food. My Fiance's food was good as well. On the receipt it said Operator 113. Trolleycar please alert your folks that that's what the REWARDS card is for.
Thanks!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Summer Saturday stopped at noon, got seated within minutes and server was quick with the menu. Very friendly hostess and other staff as they passed. The diner is just what you want in a diner. Plus, a separate diner for ice creams. I had "home made" hash which was I believe canned with some potatoes and spices added and not grilled to be crisp. the cheese grits were good and breads were toasted fine. It was a good stop in a gorgeous area of homes and shops and outdoor markets.

1  Thank dinerms