“Good Food Bad Service”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: University City
Reviewed 14 September 2011

It took 30 min. to get our drinks (2 beers and a baily's irish cream). The food was decent but overpriced our waitress was there only to deliver the drinks, the food came out 30 mi. after that and the host brought it out. She even didn't give us a check until 15 min. after the busboy cleared our plates. Terrible, terrible service. It wasn't even busy.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My friends and I at work go to New Deck at least once a week, and all of us enjoy it. The service is great, waiters/waitresses are all friendly, and the food is good. Being that this is in the heart of Unievrsity City, and on Penn's campus, nobody should be surprised that this is a local college spot. It's worth the visit, so don't let that deter you from enjoying New Deck.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

We were staying at a B&B in West Philly and decided on the New Deck Tavern thinking it would be a traditional Irish Pub. The food and beer were excellent but the live music was rock - so loud that we couldn't talk. They need to rethink what they are!

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Went to New Deck on the weekend and I was floored by the lousy cheese steak I got ,
I ordered the traditional cheese steak with Cheez-Wizz and fried onions, I got the steak and it looked like somebody forgot to fill the bun (there was a little bit of meat at the bottom of the bun) and it looked like the New Deck chef just brushed the Cheez-Wizz on. Horrible!!! I should have just driven to Pat's or Genos; Never again, But the fries were OK and I like pubs.

1  Thank Chuckfrombath
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Amazing food at a decent price with knowledgable and friendly waiters. We went on a monday night around 5 for dinner and found just the right-sized crowd- enough to give it some ambience but definitely NOT crowded. Would recommend to anyone in the area.