All reviews the breakfast area busy chinatown cherry street liberty bell jefferson station bus station well maintained and clean eggs and sausage reading terminal market center city within walking distance very comfortable room waffle maker decent breakfast priced hotel free breakfast independence hall
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location to get to most things however it is on the fringes of Chinatown and the streets are smelly.
Breakfast is very average - after my first day there was no black tea for the remainder of my stay - three days. When I asked no one knew when they would get some - why wouldn't they just send someone to the local shop to get some?
They use plastic cutlery (as does the rest of America I discovered) - problem being the cutlery is so flimsy you can't do anything with it. Donuts were stale. These are little things that could be fixed do easily. We received insect bites in our room and was shifted to a different room - that room was to be closed off and not used till the matter was rectified. Upon departure from the hotel no one bothered to ask if were ok - not a hard thing to do!
Goes along way in public relations.
On a plus side the guy who checked us in was friendly and helpful and took care of our bags for us as we went for some lunch as our room was not ready.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We arrived by car and as we drove on the broken up streets of Chinatown wondering if we had made a serious mistake we were pleasantly surprised by this Sleep Inn. Lovely personnel, very comfortable room, and good breakfast. Extra for parking but location 1/2 mile and easy walk to Indepence Hall and the Liberty Bell.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Stay two days after Business trip , I was a little intimidated due to the pic of the front of the Hotel, it is not really a good one so I went without any expectations really. Wow It is very good, service of the 2 receptionists are excellent, Breakfast is very good and abundant all fresh the lady that provide the food is very pleasant , The rooms are not to small as I thought, very clean and conformable beds, good TV, microwave and refri. location is at the corner of China town street is busy but very well located I walked everywhere of the historic places and old town ; I was a little worry because I left my carry-on at the reception until very late as my flight was at night and I wanted to keep enjoyed the town with out my suitcase. They do not have a room to keep it safe but my carry-on was keep safe . Thank you to the personnel good job !!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ely D
Reviewed September 21, 2018

I looked at Trip Advisor to find this hotel and liked what the other people had to say about it. I can say, the first impression might scare you, as it did my wife, but I can true fully say, I would stay here anytime. First the parking lot is right beside the hotel & only cost $25 a day. The hotel is very new and clean inside, close to the Hop on Hop off bus tour. Close to China Town, close to the Reading Terminal and all the food choices. A real find.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018

We were staying in the city to tour Jefferson University and this hotel was within walking distance. The rooms are reasonably sized for a city hotel, and the breakfast was just average. The pay parking in the adjacent lot is a bit of an adventure - make sure your best driver is handling the duty because the attendant is going to have you squeeze into a tiny tiny spot. But - location, location, location! This hotel is a great find, with excellent value, and would be the prefect home base for a Philly family vacation, as it is within easy walking distance of the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Mint, and other prime attractions. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful in pointing out things to do in the area.

Date of stay: July 2018