“Fantastic Pappardelle Al Ragu and Gelato”

Gran Caffe L'Aquila
Ranked #11 of 4,507 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Description: The first U.S. Caffè from an award winning cast of Gelato artisans and coffee artisans Stefano Biasini & Michele Morelli. Come early mornings for espresso & gelato made in house. Come back for lunch to explore an extensive food and wine menu in Rittenhouse Square.
Reviewed 27 August 2016

This place gets great reviews on Tripadvisor and I found all these positive reviews to be right on target. The titled pasta dish is simply the most delicious pasta dish I have ever eaten. The meat sauce is made from pork, chicken and beef and was luxuriously rich, and the fresh pasta has the perfect consistency. We also got great sides (broccoli rabe, mushrooms) and a delicious grilled octopus appetizer. We came back a second night for gelato, and the coffee and strawberry were out of this world.

1  Thank PaulCBBg

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and and I love this place and once in while we give us this special treat. Especially when we are homesick! We are Italian and when we miss the Italian atmosphere and the Italian food, we alway go to this authentic place... All kinds of pasta are delicious and we could never complain with anything. We like the variety of the food and the dressing of all the dishes...very hard to find the right balance in other Philadelphian restaurants.
Strongly recommended!

2  Thank Nadia M
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Had drinks downstairs and dinner upstairs. Get some small plates like the arrancini or the fried olives or the prosciutto sushi. I've had 2 of the pasta entrees and they were both amazing. Best cappuccino I've ever had. The Gelato is smooth and velvety. I'm drooling on my phone now as I type this. Go. Go now. Seriously. Do it.

1  Thank VirginiaDiRienzo
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I loved this restaurant! We wanted really good Italian food and we found it here. We went there twice in the five days we were in Philly. Everything we had there was awesome. We weren't sure what to order for dinner, everything looked good, our waitress recommended two things which we ordered and they were amazing. We also got dessert while we were there which was also very very good.

1  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I came to this restaurant while stopping in Philly on my way to NY, I missed Italian food and I just wanted some pasta. But then, what a surprise! Not only the food was fantastic, the environment modern and service welcoming... What a gelato! The best I ever had (and believe me, I had more than a few, being an Italian and a gelato lover). The taste was simply amazing, but that texture in your mouth... unbelievable, I even liked the one that wasn't my favorite flavor! What else to add: it's just a pity there is no such gelato where I live...

1  Thank Stefano D