“Solid menu selections but the basket chairs were the highlight ”

The Continental Mid-town
Reserve with OpenTable
The Continental Mid-town is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 4,718 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre West
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

After a long 2 hour line waiting for the One Liberty Observation Deck we needed to sit down and have lunch in an air conditioned restaurant. The Continental Midtown was fun with the hanging basket chairs and retro decor. Pretty good menu for breakfast and lunch. I had the Philly Steak Egg-roll and my wife the Rad-Na. I think I’d prefer my Philly Steak with a roll next time and I thought the onion rings were too salty for my taste. My wife liked her dish which was like a Pad Thai salad. Service was excellent.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Retro Decor, wide variation on the tapas menu. Everything was absolutely delicious. Service was superb.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

The service, food, place are very good.
I got a brunch meal, dinner and sweet, all of them were great.. the deep dish cookie is great!

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t sure what to expect since I’ve never been here. The specialty cocktails were different- not the same old rum and coke. We all got something different and shared. My chicken tikka Marsala tasted almost like in India and the bbq quesadilla was great! I would def come back here!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch there. Staff was very décor was nice too, the menu a bit mixed. Ordered a taboulé salad which was too salty for my taste but the manager came to me and I got to order something else a noodle salad which was very nice. Service was very good so would recommend