Stayed here for President's Day weekend for 2 nights. Had booked with points on Priority Club Website as I am a Platinum member. I called ahead to confirm my reservation - a King Executive floor room. When I arrived to check in, I was given a room on the 6th floor with 2 double beds. Went down to the front desk to change rooms and they gave me a King down the hall from the original room. After we had unpacked I decided to check out the Executive lounge which was supposed to be on the floor I was on. Much to my surprise, I discovered I was not on the Executive floor at all. Back down to the front desk and was offered to move AGAIN!!!. I refused as we had already settled into the room we were already in.Between the first room and the second room, the key machine stopped working, so they had to escort people to their rooms and let them in only to have to stop at the desk later or the next day for keys. After returning from dinner, I stopped by the front desk to retrieve my keycard and went upi to my room to bed. When trying to unlock my door the key did not work. Back down to the front desk AGAIN !!! They re did the keys and they finally worked.
I do understand that things happen that are beyond the control of the management, but with the exception of one person at the front desk named Valerie, everyone else was very unapologetic and uncaring about these issues. I also had mentioned in the morning that my bathroom sink stopper was not oprable and could someone take a look at it. That evening when we returned form a complete day of sightseeing, it still was never addressed. I brought it to the attention of Valerie at the front desk, who offered to send someone up right away. Thank you Valerie.
Overall, the hotel is nice, clean and updated. The rooms are comfortable and beds cozy. The location is only about a 10-15 min drive into center city and there are alot of dining options within walking distance of the hotel. I don't know that I would stay here again because of the issues that I experienced, but it is an ok place with free parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - City Avenue Hotel, where travelers are sure to love our great location on City Avenue off I-76 and I-676, less than 15 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and just four miles from downtown Philly. Our hotel near the Main Line of Philadelphia offers leisure travelers easy access to many of the city's most popular attractions. Nature lovers can enjoy the great outdoors at one of the largest parks in the country, Fairmount Park, situated just one mile from our hotel. Our Philly accommodations are also near the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, the Manayunk Historic District, the Wachovia Center, Penn's Landing and the Philadelphia Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Crowne Plaza