“delightful”

GreenLeadersGold level
mount airy, maryland
“delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for the Philadelphia Flower Show and we walked backed from the Convention Center to the hotel and we are seniors! The staff is excellent, gracious and helpful. The valet folks go out of their way to assist with everything from luggage to directions to retrieving my coat I had left in our car. Valet parking was included in our package. The hotel is near Rittenhouse Square, great for walking and shopping not far away. I found our room size to be more than adequate and we had a view of the city. The only negative as others have mentioned is the street noise from those exiting from the jazz group that was performing on Saturday night which was great I might add. Sunday night it wasn't noticeable. Cabs are readily available and we took one to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to see the Van Gogh exhibit. Philadelphia is a very easy city to drive in coming right off 95 and pretty much a straight shot to downtown. If you are coming for sporting events, they are right off the exit. Once the car was parked for our visit, we used cabs or walked. The weather was wonderful. The Prime RIb is located in the hotel and they even offer to deliver to your room! Maybe next time.

2 Thank ngkgschck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here over St. Patrick's day weekend. We checked in on a Friday night, check in was very quick and painless. We got up to the room and checked it out. We were pleasantly surprised by the sleep number beds. The bathroom was very small. I was expecting something with a little bit more room. We than walked to Rittenhouse and grabbed dinner. The location they have is great because you really are close to everything. I even woke up early and walked to the Art Museum. There was a lot of noise, we were on the 7th floor and you heard everything from the street. Also it was St. Patrick's day, we participated in the craziness but wound up going back to the hotel early. The noise on our floor was extremely loud. I believe because it is a older hotels there is not much sound proofing there but still we could hear both our neighbors TV's crystal clearly. I am a deep sleeper and it still woke me up both nights. I would suggest to bring ear plugs especially if you are a light sleeper. Yes we went on a loud weekend but its really always loud in Philadelphia. We ate at Tavern 17 which is downstairs. I did not enjoy it, there are a thousand other places to go around there that are better and more affordable. Overall I really enjoyed the place. I think it needs a little bit of updating but the staff were great and very helpful.

2 Thank Jenmcb13
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

With my daughter applying to 11 colleges we are seeing a lot of hotel rooms this year, and the Radisson gave us the best rate for an overnight in Philadelphia. That's not to say it was a deal, just the least horrifying hotel tab for a prime downtown location. The lobby is large and comfortable and always full of people coming and going when we went through. You need your room key to access your elevator floor, which is a good security touch. Our room with two double beds was on the 12th floor with a view of the roofs of buildings and skyscrapers behind them. Two complimentary robes and pairs of slippers were laid out. Bathroom was clean but there were only two sets of towels laid out and three of us staying in the room; I thought there could have been a bit more generosity. I did not get around to calling for more so we coped with what was there. My husband and I had drinks and appetizers in Tavern 17 and they were good but wow, very expensive. In the middle of the night I was awakened by revelry on the streets, yelling and honking horns, though I couldn't see anything; my husband surmised it was bar closing time on Saurday night, and the windows did not seem to do much to keep the noise out. The one low point of our stay was the car valet. We called for our car before we checked out and went downstairs but then waited probably 15 minutes in a cold wind for it to materialize. Plus valet parking is a stiff $34. I think I would stay here again but will aggressively bargain shop other sites as well if Philly becomes a regular trip. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is $18 a person; go to Pete's just across the street and you will get bacon, eggs and coffee for under $10 each.Overall, it is an okay downtown hotel but for the price I expected better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank daisygirl59
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is a good not great hotel. It competes with the top hotels in town and in that respect is just average. Business rate rooms are around 250, can get groups for 189. Should also consider the Penn, double tree and Marriott.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank medsalesguy
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights at the beginning of March this year on business. I've stayed here a couple of times before and always thought it was pretty good value for money and a reasonably maintained hotel.

The location is great too, just round the corner from some great restaurants on Rittenhouse Square.

The rooms are always clean, well stocked, and well serviced.

The free internet access in the rooms is also excellent.

On the downside, the breakfast I find overpriced for pretty mediocre quality and choice. They could certainly do more on this.

Other than that, it was cheaper than most of it's equivalent competitors in town, and is more than acceptable for a short stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jeepinaldo
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We arrived to the hotel with several other families. The check in was quick and they made sure to put our rooms close to one anothers. Although my room was very clean, it was dark. When I looked out the two windows, our view was of abandoned factories and an alleyway. In the middle of the night there was a lot of noise that could be heard which woke us up several times. We actually thought our windows were open but they weren't. We did not complain since it was only for one night. We were given a coupon for a free drink which we enjoyed in the hotel resturaunt. The location of the hotel is in walking distance to great shops and resturaunts. Overall, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the service was good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nrs312
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Radisson was wonderful. From the moment the valet took our keys and we checked-in ...we encountered amazing hotel staff. Very courteous and friendly. Our room was clean and the bathroom was very spacious. The location by Rittenhouse square is fabulous...in the heart of the best shopping on Walnut Street as well as some of the best restaurants in Philadelphia. This hotel is a must stay.

2 Thank vickie73_10