My wife and I recently had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in West Orange.
I would recommend it highly for anyone considering staying at the hotel.
We were having our home reconstructed and stayed at the hotel for two months.
As a residence in, the hotel provides exactly what you need to have a comfortable stay.
So, of course, there is a full refrigerator and stove. The kitchen even has a dishwasher.
Supplied were all the necessary pots and pans, utensils, dishes, cups and glasses.
There was a coffee maker, a toaster, just on and on, everything you needed.
But it is much more than that. The Residence Inn has high ceilings in the rooms. One of the things
that makes you feel "boxed in" in a typical motel or hotel is just that the ceilings are low. These ceilings
are the same height as ceilings in a home, and it makes a difference. In addition to the visual effect, the air
is just better. Which, of course, is why schools, by law, have to high ceilings of a certain height.
The furnishings in the room are real wood furniture, not some of the cheap press board imitations.
They give you everything you need. The hotel has a pool, a jacuzzi, a laundry room, an exercise room.
Plus it has a real courtyard with very nice landscaping. That comes complete with a real grill. People were out
there grilling all the time.
Then to the breakfasts. Most complimentary breakfasts are pastry and coffee. This was very very difficult. Every day had
scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, grits, coffee, bagels, breads, pastry. The list goes on and on. Now this hotel is owned by
the same gentleman who owns a well known NJ restaurant /catering hall, right next door ---- The Manor. So the food is not "hotel" food.
The food is good restaurant quality food.
And then to the staff. These were not ordinary staff. These people knew their jobs. They were extremely competent, professional, friendly
and helpful. And not officious. Nothing worse than some 25 year old inexperienced kid talking to a 50 year adult, as if the 50 year old is a child
and knows nothing. None of that, at all.
Nice little bar downstairs, pool table, nice decorations.
So, yes, this is a great place to stay, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange is an ideal choice among hotels in West Orange, NJ for business and leisure travel. We offer a comfortable home away from home, centrally located in the heart of West Orange and near many area attractions including Montclair State University and Wellmont Theater. Our West Orange, NY hotel is pet friendly and is an all-suite hotel boasting unique design and decor. We make it easy for guests to relax while traveling for work or pleasure, offering cozy guest suites and many enjoyable public spaces. When you stay with us at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, you will be able to sleep, work, and entertain in your suite and have productive experiences in the public areas of our hotel. We provide you with complimentary Wi-Fi, ergonomic work areas, and a daily free hot breakfast to start your day the right way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn West Orange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn West Orange Hotel West Orange
- West Orange Residence Inn