Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange
The Wilshire Grand Hotel(West Orange)
US$170
US$158
Official Website
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
US$159
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
US$129
Orbitz.com
US$119
US$106
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

All reviewswhole foodsfull kitchenhearth roomfront deskexercise roomlarge fireplaceindoor poolevery morningrooms are spaciouspots and pansoatmealbeautiful hotelfree breakfasthome away from homeliving areafire pitan extended stay
Reviewed October 28, 2017

My wife and I recently had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in West Orange.

I would recommend it highly for anyone considering staying at the hotel.

We were having our home reconstructed and stayed at the hotel for two months.

As a residence in, the hotel provides exactly what you need to have a comfortable stay.

So, of course, there is a full refrigerator and stove. The kitchen even has a dishwasher.

Supplied were all the necessary pots and pans, utensils, dishes, cups and glasses.

There was a coffee maker, a toaster, just on and on, everything you needed.

But it is much more than that. The Residence Inn has high ceilings in the rooms. One of the things
that makes you feel "boxed in" in a typical motel or hotel is just that the ceilings are low. These ceilings
are the same height as ceilings in a home, and it makes a difference. In addition to the visual effect, the air
is just better. Which, of course, is why schools, by law, have to high ceilings of a certain height.

The furnishings in the room are real wood furniture, not some of the cheap press board imitations.

They give you everything you need. The hotel has a pool, a jacuzzi, a laundry room, an exercise room.
Plus it has a real courtyard with very nice landscaping. That comes complete with a real grill. People were out
there grilling all the time.

Then to the breakfasts. Most complimentary breakfasts are pastry and coffee. This was very very difficult. Every day had
scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, grits, coffee, bagels, breads, pastry. The list goes on and on. Now this hotel is owned by
the same gentleman who owns a well known NJ restaurant /catering hall, right next door ---- The Manor. So the food is not "hotel" food.
The food is good restaurant quality food.

And then to the staff. These were not ordinary staff. These people knew their jobs. They were extremely competent, professional, friendly
and helpful. And not officious. Nothing worse than some 25 year old inexperienced kid talking to a 50 year adult, as if the 50 year old is a child
and knows nothing. None of that, at all.

Nice little bar downstairs, pool table, nice decorations.

So, yes, this is a great place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonn N
Lori H, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Wow, John N thank you for such a wonderful review. I can not wait to read this to our staff. We truly appreciate your effort and thank you for staying with us. We love that felt at home.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I've stayed at the Residence Inn West Orange twice now and would definitely stay again - especially for long-term stays. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. My only complaint (which the management did address in a survey from Marriott) is the hotel rents out an area often for showers, parties, etc. and this could mean the restaurant is closed. The area they rent out is not like a ball room, it is the common area where guests have breakfast and is noisy for those with rooms nearby. Other than that, no complaints. The rooms are clean and if you need anything just call the front desk and they will help.

Stayed: September 2017
Lori H, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and for your kind comments regarding our staff and services. Our upcoming renovation will address seating for Harry's which should eliminate any issues with your concerns about the grill. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Our daughter had twins on Jan 2, 2017 and we stayed in this hotel intermittently 19 days over seven months. Their breakfast is good, service is good and accomodations are very nice. Pleasant staff, always helpful. Recommend it highly. Having the full kitchen(everything but oven) and microwave is very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Lori H, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay and letting the traveling public know of your experiences. We are thrilled you found a home away from home when visiting your family. Congratulations on becoming grandparents!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The Inn was our home for two months when our apartment flooded and we transitioned to a house. We had three cats with us, we were asking for privacy and towels and coffee and gluten-free bagels and odd requests for weeks, and every single person I ever dealt with on the staff was courteous and helpful to a fault. Kim in sales was tremendously kind; Carol (Carol!!), Holly, Tom and everyone at the front desk were stellar; the breakfast staff, especially William, Rose, Noemi, Anna and Olive, were always helpful and put a smile on my face; Daniel in Housekeeping and his entire staff were patient, friendly, thorough and helpful the entire time. The full kitchen, hot tub, laundry room and free wine some nights made our endless weeks doable and let us live our lives a little easier. OK, currently, the hotel needs to be upgraded in many ways - now scheduled for Nov 2017 to begin renovations. But being looked after with kindness and professionalism was much more important to us during a very stressful time. My family and I are hugely grateful and cannot thank them enough. Give them all raises please....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BARDESS
Lori H, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

We are thrilled you enjoyed the service you received as our guest and truly appreciate your efforts in letting the traveling public know of your experience. I cannot wait to share your comments with the staff. We wish you the best in your new home.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I cashed in 70k points for two nights at this hotel and wow, do I regret it. This hotel is in a good location, but is poorly designed. For the 70k points, as a Silver Elite, I was given the first room by the front desk, near an elevator, and very, very noisy. Further, I explicitly requested extra towels and soap and those were not in the room and I had to call to request it yet again. The floors are ultra thin and I could hear everything upstairs. Front desk did work to contact the folks upstairs to quiet it a bit but not completely. For two nights, I had a restless, uncomfortable sleep and was very uncomfortable. Total waste of 70k points.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnThomas84
Rob F, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear JohnThomas84,

I'm sorry you didn't have a 100% satisfactory stay. Due to us being an extended stay hotel, we do not have a concierge level like full service hotels have. I will be addressing extra amenities with staff for pre-arrival requests. I apologize you didn't have the extra towels or soaps in the room waiting for you, as this is something that we have control over. If you would like to discuss further in more detail, please do not hesitate to call me. The number of the hotel is (973) 669-4700.

Kind regards,