All reviews family suite room was clean complimentary breakfast cookies waffles king bed breakfast staff would stay here again pool and hot tub exercise room parking lot gettysburg area up to date very nice hotel short drive the breakfast area nice stay
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

First of all my favorite hotel in the world is the Hampton Inn. It’s always cozy beds are very comfortable love the sheets and the pillows. People are always fantastic and welcoming! I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights under the AARP rate . One of the reasons that I booked this hotel was because under the AARP rate we could check out at 2 PM. I’m with my parents and figured that’s A great way to get out in the morning sightsee and then come back to the hotel pack up and get out of town for our 3 hour ride home. so that’s how I booked it here. Come to learn it’s all a lie. Front desk lady said the website was wrong? It’s Hampton Inn website....she said AARP AND AAA WERE WRONG. I’m not happy but not much I can do now. Just have to make sure I have to touch base with my parents early in the morning so they know that they have to pack up early. They are in their 80s and obviously sleeping so I can’t tell them now but it’s not going to be a relaxed morning that they thought it was going to be

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
GettysburgGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear pdubs1984,
We are glad to hear that you prefer Hampton's and find the beds comfortable and the people friendly. I am distressed to hear of your disappointment regarding the 2pm checkout. Quite honestly, you are the first person to ever mention such a thing. We have scoured our website and are unable to find it. Our checkout time is 11am and we can generally extend an hour or so if asked to do so. I would certainly love to learn more about where this information is posted to avoid any future disappointment for you or for other guests. Please feel welcome to call me at the hotel's direct number, pressing "0" when the phone is answered.
We hope you otherwise enjoyed your time with us and in the area and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 3, 2018

A basic Hampton Inn. Like all Hampton's, it is a good place to stay, but not an amazing place. Like all Hampton's a little on the high end price wise. Not as close to the battlefield as I would have liked but not terribly far away. The breakfast buffet was just 2 hot items, eggs and a meat. Could really use a potato item to. Some Hampton's do, but not this one.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GettysburgGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear JeffBig,
We thank you for choosing the Hampton for your recent trip to Gettysburg. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. As for potatoes, our breakfast selections rotate and we do have potatoes some days, as well as French toast sticks as a third hot item. If you stay again, please let the front desk know, at check in, that you would really like potatoes for breakfast and I bet they can be sure the breakfast ladies offer them!

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Our stay was great! Room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was great! Close to several restaurants and sites we wanted to visit. Would definitely stay here again if we are back in the area!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear 84roskat,
Our best compliment is hearing that you would choose us again! We look forward to it!

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed at many Hampton Inns over the years. Some fantastic some not so much. This one falls in the latter category.

Walls are thin and you hear everything from the outside and next door. Breakfast was OK but have had much better at other Hampton Inns. Room was clean and well kept. Closet is in an odd and somewhat awkward location.

My biggest disappointment was with the thin walls. Staying here is OK but there may be better options.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GettysburgGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Gary L,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We are sorry you were even a little disappointed, as our staff works hard to give every guest a great stay every time.
We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

This hotel is very nice with a reasonable size breakfast area, good selection of breakfast choices and simply nice accommodations all around.

As the hotel is on an intersection of two main roads, with the architecture being essentially three sided, there is plenty of traffic noise. Especially in the early morning.

HINT: Ask for an odd numbered room. It doesn't matter which floor. Odd numbered rooms are farther away from the road intersection and have the even numbered rooms as a further noise buffer.

Room tip: Ask for an ODD numbered room to reduce traffic noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 18_20,
Thank you for the lovely review! (The hint is a good one too, depending on the room type-some are only located on the front). We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to your return.