All reviews breakfast room third floor within walking distance great location hotel opened best westerns breakfast ladies national cemetery steinwehr avenue brew pub in town front desk staff very clean hotel waffles beautiful hotel indoor pool free breakfast
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on reviews. I had two reservations. Not realizing that the first reservation stood until the day before. I did the Book Now at a much higher rate. The second night I was charged $115 this was for a weekday. The hotel knew I had two reservations and called me about it. The front desk was rude and tried to make excuses for the higher rate. . The breakfast was the worst breakfast I’ve had at a hotel. I only eat a bagel for breakfast and they said they don’t ever have them. They had a fried egg and sausage both days. I expected much better. The shower was small with a small bathtub. For being a new hotel; I felt like I stayed at a budget inn. Also, the beds were very hard. Next time we come to Gettysburg we will stay at our trusted chain hotel who never disappoints.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 628jenniferm
Laura M, Manager at Best Western Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

I'm sorry, but you did not have two reservations. Although you claimed you made two different reservations, at different rates, you were unable to provide us with a copy of the second email confirmation you supposedly received. Had you been able to do so, we would have had no problem adjusting your rate. You neglected to mention how you yelled at several of our employees regarding this. Lastly, you acknowledged the rates at check in when you signed the registration card.

Yes, we serve fried eggs and sausage daily, in addition to the rest of our menu which includes make your own waffles, assorted breads and pastries, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, juice and tea. If you are looking for more of a restaurant menu, there are several restaurants within walking distance that serve breakfast. Our mattresses are Serta Perfect Sleepers, but I'm sorry if they aren't what you are used to at home.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Our stay in this new property was nice. The inside decor was a bit more modern than expected, given the historic significance of the area. Not a criticism, just an observation. My only complaint was the rooms seemed to be noisy. Friends staying under the breakfast room were upset by it, and even in our 3rd floor room I noticed a lot of noise from the hallway. I would have though a brand new building would have had more soundproofing. Overall a great stay, though. The bed was comfortable and the staff great.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Clean, brand new building. Nice pool but no spa tub. The breakfast room was directly over our head on the 3rd floor and loud stomping woke us at 6am. Staff was friendly. Decor was nice. Good central location. Walking distance to down town.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Laura M, Manager at Best Western Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for your nice review! I apologize for the noise. We are looking at solutions to reduce this issue for the future. Again, I'm sorry and hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay with us!

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Wow! What a great find in G-burg!!! This hotel was extremely comfortable & absolutely immaculate - one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. Love the decor too. The pool was so warm and very clean & well-maintained. The breakfast room is on the 3td floor with all windows looking out on the battlefield! Beautiful! Very clean area for breakfast. Friendly staff here at this hotel. Super helpful and sweet. Totally recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay. We will definitely come back here as our hotel of choice for visiting Gettysburg.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your glowing review!!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I got to stay here for my first time,,,and what a great motel to stay,,,the Manager and staff was very kind and caring...and the rooms are so big,,and very clean..and the women that takes care of the breakfast,,were very kind,,and made sure I was taken care of..I will be back to stay here next year for sure,,

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you! You're right- we are so lucky to have such an exceptional group of employees! Hope to see you again soon!