“Great Stay in Gettysburg”

Best Western Gettysburg
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 21 November 2017

A brand new hotel in a super location in Gettysburg. Walking distance to museums, attractions, stores and multiple, local restaurants and eateries. Friendly and helpful staff, really good breakfasts (included), and comfortable rooms. Our new, go-to hotel for Gettysburg getaways and events.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on reviews. I had two reservations. Not realizing that the first reservation stood until the day before. I did the Book Now at a much higher rate. The second night I was charged $115 this was for a weekday. The hotel knew I had two reservations and called me about it. The front desk was rude and tried to make excuses for the higher rate. . The breakfast was the worst breakfast I’ve had at a hotel. I only eat a bagel for breakfast and they said they don’t ever have them. They had a fried egg and sausage both days. I expected much better. The shower was small with a small bathtub. For being a new hotel; I felt like I stayed at a budget inn. Also, the beds were very hard. Next time we come to Gettysburg we will stay at our trusted chain hotel who never disappoints.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Manager at Best Western Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

I'm sorry, but you did not have two reservations. Although you claimed you made two different reservations, at different rates, you were unable to provide us with a copy of the second email confirmation you supposedly received. Had you been able to do so, we would have had no problem adjusting your rate. You neglected to mention how you yelled at several of our employees regarding this. Lastly, you acknowledged the rates at check in when you signed the registration card.

Yes, we serve fried eggs and sausage daily, in addition to the rest of our menu which includes make your own waffles, assorted breads and pastries, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, juice and tea. If you are looking for more of a restaurant menu, there are several restaurants within walking distance that serve breakfast. Our mattresses are Serta Perfect Sleepers, but I'm sorry if they aren't what you are used to at home.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Our stay in this new property was nice. The inside decor was a bit more modern than expected, given the historic significance of the area. Not a criticism, just an observation. My only complaint was the rooms seemed to be noisy. Friends staying under the breakfast room were upset by it, and even in our 3rd floor room I noticed a lot of noise from the hallway. I would have though a brand new building would have had more soundproofing. Overall a great stay, though. The bed was comfortable and the staff great.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Clean, brand new building. Nice pool but no spa tub. The breakfast room was directly over our head on the 3rd floor and loud stomping woke us at 6am. Staff was friendly. Decor was nice. Good central location. Walking distance to down town.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Laura M, Manager at Best Western Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for your nice review! I apologize for the noise. We are looking at solutions to reduce this issue for the future. Again, I'm sorry and hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay with us!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Wow! What a great find in G-burg!!! This hotel was extremely comfortable & absolutely immaculate - one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. Love the decor too. The pool was so warm and very clean & well-maintained. The breakfast room is on the 3td floor with all windows looking out on the battlefield! Beautiful! Very clean area for breakfast. Friendly staff here at this hotel. Super helpful and sweet. Totally recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay. We will definitely come back here as our hotel of choice for visiting Gettysburg.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your glowing review!!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I got to stay here for my first time,,,and what a great motel to stay,,,the Manager and staff was very kind and caring...and the rooms are so big,,and very clean..and the women that takes care of the breakfast,,were very kind,,and made sure I was taken care of..I will be back to stay here next year for sure,,

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you! You're right- we are so lucky to have such an exceptional group of employees! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

It is a decent new hotel. Very convenient location. Just next door to two major museums and 5 minutes drive to the historic downtown and to the Military National park.
Very clean hotel and very friendly personnel. Breakfast was good with nice staff there.
There is an indoor pool but adults should not expect to swim there because its depth is just for kids. The entire pool area disappointed us: the pool is very shallow, no hot tub there and even towels are very small.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Manager at Best Western Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you! I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! The indoor pool was built to adhere to current code requirements.