“A Wonderful and Friendly Treat”
Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed August 25, 2018

This is an affordable but upscale restaurant in a beautiful setting. The table setting was very nice, including linens. The food, prime rib, was excellent; I find it very difficult to get decent prime rib anywhere. And of course, an immaculate facility.

The best part of the evening: The hostess and server were really professional staff members, real people, who made a friendly visit for me after lots of driving and touristing.

PLEASE commend ****Josie and Linda***** for their courtesy, service orientation, friendliness, and helpfulness. It is a rare thing, anymore, to find such high-caliber people.

Thank you, 1863, for being there for a nice dinner.

1  Thank DaddyDaddy647

Reviewed August 14, 2018

This restaurant is quickly becoming our favorite. Linda always greets you with a smile and kind words. Jadan started us off with warm dinner rolls with butter, crumbled cheese and honey. Our server, Claire, was prompt and friendly while Ashanti kept our drinks filled. Everyone is so attentive and friendly, but most of all the food is wonderful. If you are looking for a great dining experience this is the place to come. Stephen, the Manager, even stopped at our table to make sure everything was good. We have also had Josie as our server in the past and she does an amazing job. We just cannot say enough about the food or the service at this restaurant. It needs to be on your must-stop list when in Gettysburg.

1  Thank hamarketing
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We ate here at 1863 restaurant while staying at the Wyndham hotel for both our morning breakfasts. Im sure i could have found cheaper places to eat but sometimes you just want convenience over time and money spent. Ive read some reviews and quite a few mentioned slow or bad service. Our service was better the second day but food both days were good. One morning I had eggs Benedict the next an omelet. Both meals I found to be very good. My son had pancakes each morning and he was satisfied as well. My wife also had eggs Benedict the first morning but the second day had a bigger breakfast including eggs sausage bacon and pancakes. She also enjoyed her meals. Overall food was good.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

The food was pretty good and the wait staff was attentive. We enjoyed their flank steak and chicken with mushrooms. The mashed potatoes were also very good!

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We stayed at the Wyndham for a week, the first morning we decided to try breakfast here. Our experience was very similar to the review written before this one. We approach the host's desk, the host absolutely sees us, but continues cleaning the buffet area in plain sight. Leaves us standing there for 4-5 mins (I'm on crutches!). Finally, he comes and seats us near a large window looking out on the entrance. The window is dirty, and there is a fly buzzing around. The temperature outside is maybe 90 degrees, in here it's maybe 65 degrees. I assume that's so the lazy servers and lazy kitchen help don't have to work up a sweat. Our server comes and takes our order, I order the pancake dish ($11.99 for 3 4" pancakes specially hand-made by their chef), my GF gets the breakfast special with toast ($16.99? 18.99?). We inform the server we have a 10% coupon. We order coffee. The server brings the coffee. The coffee is lukewarm, but I figure it's ok. It's so cold in this place, the coffee is cold before it's 1/2 gone. No water is offered or brought to the table. The flowers at the table are wilted. Our server is nowhere around. Maybe 3 or 4 other couples with different servers. We wait...wait...wait. Finally the food comes! The server forgot the toast. My pancakes are lukewarm, the whipped butter is rock hard, the maple syrup is cold. The pancake presentation is magnificent, clearly this is the chef's forte here. 1 rotten (literally rotten) strawberry and a slice of orange are on the plate. The fruit flies are close behind, they really want that strawberry bad! My GF's breakfast has an exact twin rotten strawberry on her dish. Waste not, want not, Wyndham's chef again performs to the max. Her eggs and stuff are ok. Server disappears. Hmmm..$4.00 a cold pancake, crappy service, bugs, freezing atmosphere, and we still have to leave a tip. The bill arrives, the server forgot to apply the 10%. FABULOUS and par for the course at the 1863!
If you want a really good breakfast, go to Perkins or Micky D's 1 mile away as the other reviewer mentioned. They have HUGE food and server problems at this hotel. Obviously, they clearly have Food manager problems, too. Please be sure to read my dinner review for the 1863 here to follow. Also be sure to read my hotel review regarding the banquet.

2  Thank mrolds69

Been to 1863 Restaurant? Share your experiences!