“Where did they ever come up with a 135 Slope”

The Links at Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Located several miles from historic battlefields, this 18-hole, championship par 71 course features 35-foot rock cliffs, many lakes, stone-lined tee boxes, waterfalls and various wildlife.
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I've played many course in many a location and never have I seen a course that plays to only 5700 yards rated at Slope of 135. Yes there is some water. and yes it comes into play on a number of holes. Yes there are some forced caries and yes it's easy to lose a ball or two if you can't keep your drive in the fairway - but a slope of 135 just ain't correct.

If you're a golfer that doesn't care about their handicap - no worries. If you're a golfer that caries a vanity handicap - this is your course !. But if your a golfer that uses his or her handicap to play in events or you're playing here in a handicap event - BEWARE !

Also the holes are not ranked properly. I'm a 15 index and I didn't get strokes on two of the par 5's ( one of which #18, I would rate as one of the tougher holes. But I did stroke on #6 - which plays 125 from the whites... birdie 2 / NET 1. simply isn't right.

Course was in OK shape. a few rough spots but also some fine surrounds. Some traps more dirt than sand.

I'd play again for the fun of it - but not in competition and I'd think twice about carding my score

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

A foursome of family members traveled to the Links at Gettysburg as a midway point to play a round of golf on an April Sunday. The staff was friendly and the golf course was in great shape and challenging. There is a pub style restaurant in the building where the pro shop is located. We tried the cheeseburgers after playing the 9th hole, as recommended. They were ready to go from the grill and they were fantastic! Great course. Friendly service. Looking forward to our next visit. Thanks !

Reviewed 27 November 2016

One of my favorites in the area - a beautiful course. A great mix of elevation changes and water keeps it interesting. Recommended

1  Thank dshafs
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Nice challenging course If you are a high handicapper bring extra balls. Friendly efficient staff limited menu in the club house. We had a great no waiting round. Greens were in good shape.

1  Thank homer17402
Reviewed 17 October 2016

First, some of the fairways are in rough shape, the course had some loss over the summer. That being said, the course is up front about this with that being noted on their website. And actually, I expected the fairways to be worse than what they were, had to play winter rules and drop on only a couple of holes. For the actual course, I loved it. Front nine is tree lined and several fairways require accuracy. The back nine has plenty of water lining the fairways. This course is a must play if you are in the area. One hint: buy the yardage book if you are playing here for the first time.

1  Thank Scott L