“Hotel of Last Resort! No pride!”

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had to book a stay at the last minute for one night. The rate was ridiculous - $159. plus tax for one room with two double beds. Check in was done at the hotel next door - a newer property - We stayed in room 137 - it was definitely outdated. The bathroom was just gross-probably last updated in the 1970s. There was one tiny bar of soap for the two sinks and bathtub and minimal towels. The room was dark. The TV was at least 10 years old - poor reception. The lamps were falling apart. No pride. I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you were desperate. At least the bed was comfortable but I didn't sleep much as i couldn't wait to leave!

Room Tip: Good luck! If they are all like the one I had - then they're old and outdated.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sherpacsi

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a nice night away from home, what we got was an utter nightmare. Upon checking in we were greeted by a rude girl and very slow service. When we got to our room it had a musty smell and wasn't very clean. The room was also under stocked with towels and toiletries. Tried watching tv that got like 20 channels half of which were infomercials. So we thought we'll just use the wifi and use our laptop, but the signal was non existent. We were woke up around 8 am to banging hammers, so figured can't go back to sleep decided to make coffee but the coffee maker didn't work. We just packed up and left. When I tried to inform the front desk of the problems they seemed to not want to be bothered with such things. The only positive thing we can say is about the market place deli where we had gotten a panini sandwich which was very good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank booboo112
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We were invited to a family wedding in Gettysburg and wanted to be close to the venue so found this place on Booking.com. I never use them but this place sounded good, was within 5 miles of the wedding place and was affordable at $143.19 per night.
We arrived only to find that the desk was closed and we were told to go to the Aspire Hotel in front of the conference center to register our arrival, so we drove to the hotel and got our keys. The conference hotel is huge with long corridors and only a set of stairs near two doors and because we had a lot to carry into the room we put our luggage on a cart and tried to find the lifts. Not much signage but we eventually got up to our room right at the back and found that our keys did not work. I walked back to the other hotel and got new keys, which finally worked. Room not very big and one small table to put all our things on. Lights near bed would not work so pulled out the small table and found a mangled mess of wires which were not plugged in. Once on, the one lampshade was burned. A/C very poor, TV elderly. Free breakfast turned out to be terrible and also hard to find since the room was not well signed. Coffee weak and the place looked unclean. Only one guy serving behind the potatoes and eggs(powdered to be sure). Nobody else cleaning up or helping serve. We left because it all looked so gross.
I reached Booking.com but they could not get any answers because nobody on desk at the Conference Center. We could not get online (supposed to be free to all guests) so went to the other hotel and the one person on that desk showed us how to go to the website and access it that way which seemed very odd. Still had problems.
Finally went to bed at 11pm and found pillows very old and uncomfortable and bottom sheets not fitted well. Felt like 100% polyester. Did not sleep well. A/C noisy.
I tried to ask for refund but nothing doing there.
I am not a princess having grown up fairly poor in UK after WWII so I do not expect the Ritz but do yourselves a favor and go somewhere else. We just found a room for Sunday after the wedding at The Hampton for less than $120 per night.

Room Tip: My tip is don't go there
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Annbosslady
Reviewed 10 September 2017

My significant other and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend, September 9-10, and were met with poor accommodations and poor customer service. After a boiler burst in our hall, about 2 inches of water stood in the hallway. Water seeped under our doorway and soaked through the carpet for the first 4-5 feet of the room entrance. No one at the hotel said anything to us about it until my significant other went to the front desk to complain 2-3 hours after it happened. The women working at the front desk did not have any knowledge of the flooding event at the time, and offered to move us to another room on the same floor (also in the path of the flooded hallway). We chose not to do this, as we would still have to walk through the soaking wet hallway and be in range of the flood. No one apologized or offered to help us mop up the water in our room. The mattresses in our room were covered with ill-fitting sheets and were littered with dark stains. We also discovered a large, loud cricket in our room, which was laughed off by the manager at the front desk at the time of checkout. We brought up all these concerns when checking out, and the manager on duty at the time was very rude with us, blamed us for not moving when they offered, despite the fact that we had to force the offer from them, and very aggressively told me that we would not be getting any sort of refund for our stay. I made it very clear with her that we were upset and disappointed in the whole hotel experience, and she continued to rudely blame me and repeated that there wasn't anything she was going to do about it. It was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in and the first time that I have ever received poor customer service at a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sbenjamin108
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I am sorry I had to give a star at all for my rating! The worst customer service known to man kind! We had a booking problem. Our reservation was booked wrong online. When we repeatedly called the hotel five minutes after our booking and one day during the work week, later to fix the problem, they refused to help make the problem right. They blamed us and told us to not take their time up on the phone even though we already paid as a customer. The lady manager seems to not understand people skills at all. They were not understanding at all for a family trying to plan a trip with three kids! Save your money and time by avoiding this place. Customer receive is everything. If they can rectify a simply problem how can they possible manage a hotel filled with guests! They took our money to!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pyewacket6
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

On the internet when we booked this, it was stated with the room dinner was included. Up on arrival we were told they were no longer doing this. Eviidently this has been going on for some time time and the owner simply does not care.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Yes, Eisenhower is an older building, that may need some cosmetic repairs (wall paper, paint, etc.) but it's still a grand old place! The lobbies in both Eisenhower and Aspire are absolutely beautiful! Our rooms were extremely clean. The beds and pillows (which I am very picky about) were very comfortable. You did not hear the room noises next to you. The indoor pool area is amazing! You look up to the second story from the pool and you see individual balconies for the 2nd story rooms complete with table and chairs. They have a sky window that opens above the pool. They have so many specialty rooms and stores within the Hotel, like a Restaurant/Bar and Sub Sandwich Deli. There was an Arcade, Exercise Room, Laundry Facility for Customer use. The breakfast is a bit more than the normal complementary. Eggs, potatoes, cereals, muffins, etc., juices and coffee. When I booked it said through booking.com that they served breakfast and dinner, one reason I booked it. It DID NOT include dinner. The Eisenhower does not have a front desk person at night, if you need anything you have to call or walk to the Aspire. I did have a problem and tried to call the front desk and no one answered due to a phone problem at the front desk of the Aspire.I would definitely stay here again, and the history you could almost feel.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor is great if you want to look over the pool area. First floor is convenient to access main...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple