“Wonderfully Amazing ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Such history, with a gift shop and incredible food. I enjoyed the clam chowder, which was light, and the perfect amount at clams. For dinner, I had the scallops and my dinner mate enjoyed the salmon. The homemade bread was fabulous, but I had no room for dessert. The prices were reasonable, and I am so glad we took this recommendation. The best meal of my trip.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,647)

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here because a friends parents recommended it and it was great. The building is the oldest in town and is kept to period. The staff where the period garb and were very friendly. I ordered the chicken with shrimp and it was wonderful. I so wanted dessert but had no room for it. Would definitely come back here again!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We were there for dinner and breakfast for a 55th high school reunion. The food was delicious and the building was well preserved.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

My wife and I stopped in for lunch downstairs in the Tavern. The stairs a pretty steep and the Tavern is lit only with candles so it took a few minutes for our eyes to adjust. The place is historic and the seating is tight. The bathrooms are upstairs on the first floor so plan accordingly. The menu is pretty vast and I enjoyed two gils of beef noodle soup and the steak sandwich. The servers wear attire representative of the time period (late 1700's early 1800's). The service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful dinner in a authentic colonial setting. Good food excellent service. The house was a layover for the underground railroad. A must stop in Gettysburg.