All reviews room was clean front desk the breakfast area small pool waffles would stay here again minute drive waffle maker two queen beds hard boiled eggs included breakfast hot breakfast in town stayed for one night cookies downtown gettysburg enjoyed our stay
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Horrible experience!

Let me start off by saying that we have personally stayed at this Sleep Inn two times previously (and several other locations) and have never had a problem. However, this stay was a disaster. We were supposed to stay 2 nights (Saturday & Sunday) but left early do to problems.

First we checked in Saturday and instantly noticed the hallway (3rd floor) was extremely hot. The AC unit had a note that stated it was broken and apologized for the inconvenience. No big deal as I spent 30 secs in the hallway but after a 90 degree day on the battlefields not exactly inviting for guest.

Sunday morning there was no hot water in the shower (lukewarm is a stretch). I found this annoying and I planned to inform the front desk but it was not a dealbreaker. What was my breaking point? As I was getting ready for our day I notice a paper slipped under the door that stated that our room would not be serviced by housekeeping as the do not disturb sign was still posted at 9:30. Now I would completely understand if it was later in the day such as 11 am but 9:30 I found it unacceptable and just downright rude and lazy on housekeeping’s behalf.

When went down to the front desk to complain I asked for a manager and a man said he could help but never identified himself as a manager. If I ask for a manager I want a manager. I explained about that hot water and then showed him the housekeeping note. I stated because of this I felt the need to cancel our stay for the second night. While he did apologize he did nothing to persuade us to stay. We ended up driving the 5 hours home a day early cutting our trip short and thus ruining the last weekend of summer.

I contacted Choice Hotels corporate and the young man (Enzo) I spoke with was incredibly understating, personable, and very apologetic. If the “manager” I spoke with at the hotel itself had been like this I probably would have had a less critical review. I would leave 0 stars but Trip Advisor requires at least 1 Star.

We visit Gettysburg at least once a year but unfortunately we will be finding a new hotel to stay at in the future.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank MoxieCheetah
Reviewed August 21, 2018

I had never stayed in one of these - no particular reason. Just stuck with another Chain. I did not make this booking - family rendezvous - so went with the flow.

It lacks airs & graces, certain refinements, a Bar/Restaurant and soft touches, but it did allow us a peaceful nights sleep, in a comfortable, clean room, just a few miles from the Town Centre. Easy to find too - off Hwy 15. Genuine and warm welcome at Reception / Check-In.

Peaceful - well, Hwy 15 is rather close and it can (& did, especially from 05.00) get noisy with the Big Rigs / Trucks trying like mad to accelerate up the incline. Choose your Room with care. Furthest from Hwy 15 in NWest corner are better.

Breakfast was fine - basic, but fine, for a quick bite and coffee and off 'on the road again'.

Midweek was something like $85 - $90 (all in), so it was good value for money and it has made me think outside my preconditioned box.

Room tip: NWest side - noisy otherwise.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2018

This was our first time in Gettysburg and chose this hotel based on reviews and price. Let me start off by stating how impressed we were by the size of the room. It was much larger than your average hotel rooms and they also seemed updated recently. We only stayed one night, but it was enjoyable and quite. Very close to RT 15 that takes you to the "Gettysburg Visitor Center". If we ever return to Gettysburg, we would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We heard great things. They were family and dog friendly with a large room. Beds were nice and they had the cot set up for us. Plenty of space for dogs crate. Pool is small but we had it to ourselves. They have a dog area out back! 3 miles from battlefield

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mountlombard
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Honeymoon vacation in Gettysburg - we chose Sleep Inn based on comfort, price & location. Low key atmosphere and friendly, accommodating staff - our room was on 2nd floor outfitted with kingsize bed, full bath and separate jetted tub, fridge & microwave. Nice size room, everything clean. Recommendations for in room improvement: recessed lighting over jetted tub, plastic ware in the room, a couple of real glass tumblers, Nice to have 24/7 coffee but would prefer a better brand of coffee - with more flavor. Scrambled eggs at breakfast could be prepared with more grace - these were dry and crumbly. Despite recommendations - we would recommend the Sleep Inn - bed was comfortable, good lighting, layout throughout - except lack of recessed lighting over jetted tub.