“nice, but...”

Drummer Boy Camping Resort
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Had a nice cabin with 2 rooms and a bath w/shower, a tv and kitchenette. 640.00 f0r three nights. The camp ground is huge with 2 pools that could not accommadate all the campers. The activety pool has a water slide that is very slow. They want ten bucks to use the slide which empties into a cess pool. Water is warm and dingy and full of dirt, bugs and who knows what else. You have to like golf cart traffic if you stay here! Constant traffic day and night! Price gouging, a bundle of fire wood is 7.00, go to town and get it for 3 or 4 dollars.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dannymy

Reviewed 19 May 2011

Enroute from the Winter in Florida we stayed one night at Drummer Boy. It's no doubt a huge tourist trap with exorbitant prices for 30 - 50 amp pull thru sites. After being rode weary we bit the bullet & paid $54.00 which doesn't include wi-fi, (an additional chg). Unlike other campgrounds they do not accept any discounts; ie AAA, AARP, Sam's, Etc. You'd think they would at least offer a minimal discount to veteran's since Gettysburg is a historical Battlefield during the Civil War. So much for patriotism which obviously this establishment has none of. They also seem to be in a state of contusion at the front desk & weren't exactly friendly & receptive. Our recommendation is to go elsewhere. There are plenty of other campgrounds nearby that hopefully are more reasonably priced & accomodating.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank golfinQueen
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Would be a really nice campground except for the road noise and they nickel and dime you to death. They overcharged me a night and management refused to give me the refund. I was so upset at the way they treated me I will never go back and either will the several families we camp with. shower rooms were filthy

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank tltbyrd
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Overall excellent stay. I highly recommend the cottages if you don't take camper or tent. Great rates and I will be going back in June.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I didn't see the reviews before we stayed at the Drummer Boy Campground. I will say that we had a much better experience than these other folks. We stayed in one of the larger cabins, so I can't comment on the actual camping. The cabins were quiet, with cable TV and DVD players. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was small but it got the job done. The location was only five minutes from downtown Gettysburg. The rates for the cabins, once split up in our group, were very reasonable. There was plenty of parking available. The staff treated up well. We had the pay for internet, but the quality and speed was very good. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The site we had was pleasant but the road noise does permeate much of the campground. We had to pay extra all 3 weekend nights for their "activity weekend". What a joke. The only things offered were a few things for small children (which we do not have) and bingo. Those are things most campgrounds have every weekend and do not charge extra for. It wasn't like we were benefiting from the pool or anything (not in season). Nothing was offered Sunday night (even though we paid extra for that night as well). The store was even closed Sunday evening when we needed to get some things. The bath house we used was relatively clean. Some of the stalls were out of order. The chemical air freshener they use though is about sickening. We definitely left thinking "what did we pay extra for?"

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank happytrails416
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My husband, grandson and I planned a 2 night stay in Gettysburg so we could attend the annual apple harvest festival in arendtsville , pa, something we do every year, since our usual campground was full i made a reservation at this horrible campground, thank goodness we came in friday evening and was gone all day saturday to the festival, then left early sunday. the little bit of time we spent there was too much for me. they neglected to tell me when i made the reservations that we would be camped right next to route 15 which is a divided highway , busy & noisy! they had bingo on saturday at the hall next to our campsite, i thought it would be fun so i went, but the man and woman who were running it were less than inviting to me and through the whole thing she kept refering to the certain select people by name, i guess they were her seasonal campers !! so they were better than me! she actually had the nerve to make an announcement to say they were having a special activity coming up only for seasonal campers. saying she wanted to do something special for them. i guess the rest of us weren't anyone to her! the road noise was AWFUL thank goodness we have a class a motorhome and could be inside away from the noise and still be comfortable. they don't even pick up trash at the campsite, and don't have a dumpster to put it in that we could find. i've never had to take my trash home until this trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family