All reviewsfishing pondgreat campgroundseasonal camperslarge sitesfire pitloft cabintent sitesfull kitchenfront porchgreat weekendgettysburg attractionsthis past weekendvisit gettysburgpoolsbathhousehalloweenpans
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Enroute from the Winter in Florida we stayed one night at Drummer Boy. It's no doubt a huge tourist trap with exorbitant prices for 30 - 50 amp pull thru sites. After being rode weary we bit the bullet & paid $54.00 which doesn't include wi-fi, (an additional chg). Unlike other campgrounds they do not accept any discounts; ie AAA, AARP, Sam's, Etc. You'd think they would at least offer a minimal discount to veteran's since Gettysburg is a historical Battlefield during the Civil War. So much for patriotism which obviously this establishment has none of. They also seem to be in a state of contusion at the front desk & weren't exactly friendly & receptive. Our recommendation is to go elsewhere. There are plenty of other campgrounds nearby that hopefully are more reasonably priced & accomodating.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank golfinQueen
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Would be a really nice campground except for the road noise and they nickel and dime you to death. They overcharged me a night and management refused to give me the refund. I was so upset at the way they treated me I will never go back and either will the several families we camp with. shower rooms were filthy

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank tltbyrd
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Overall excellent stay. I highly recommend the cottages if you don't take camper or tent. Great rates and I will be going back in June.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I didn't see the reviews before we stayed at the Drummer Boy Campground. I will say that we had a much better experience than these other folks. We stayed in one of the larger cabins, so I can't comment on the actual camping. The cabins were quiet, with cable TV and DVD players. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was small but it got the job done. The location was only five minutes from downtown Gettysburg. The rates for the cabins, once split up in our group, were very reasonable. There was plenty of parking available. The staff treated up well. We had the pay for internet, but the quality and speed was very good. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The site we had was pleasant but the road noise does permeate much of the campground. We had to pay extra all 3 weekend nights for their "activity weekend". What a joke. The only things offered were a few things for small children (which we do not have) and bingo. Those are things most campgrounds have every weekend and do not charge extra for. It wasn't like we were benefiting from the pool or anything (not in season). Nothing was offered Sunday night (even though we paid extra for that night as well). The store was even closed Sunday evening when we needed to get some things. The bath house we used was relatively clean. Some of the stalls were out of order. The chemical air freshener they use though is about sickening. We definitely left thinking "what did we pay extra for?"

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends