“great for visiting the college and historical battlefields”

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was two minutes from the college and from the battlefields and "downtown" Gettysburg. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. The room was clean and one of the better Comfort Inns I have stayed in. The breakfast area was clean and stocked and was fresh. It is a good value for the stay and the area. We will be returning each time here when we visit our daughter at school over the next four years. The only thing is that I couldn't go running outside because it is located right on York Ave which is not a safe option for a runner. I didn't find any nearby running trails or housing development/neighborhood to run in, either.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nice staff, nice big room (suite), low grade decor but fine. Could have been cleaner...hair on bathroom floor and baseboards I cleaned up before using...mold in hard to clean places in shower but should be more attention to detail. Easy location for battlefield, college, downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

On our recent trip to Gettysburg we decided to try staying at a different hotel then the one we usually stay at. It was a better rate but still in the Choice Hotel family. Well I guess you get what you pay for. The room was nice but we found someone else's left over food in the fridge and the alarm clock was not working as we found out because a light switch on the wall by the door right next to the overhead light switch shuts it off. So of course everyone mus hit the wrong switch(we did it ourselves also) very annoying.
The staff was nice about explaining about the clock and switch and upset about the food left in the fridge but the hotel was very noisy. There was a few families with quite a few little girls who kept running up and down the halls and yelling and slamming doors. The parents or the staff never said a word to them in fact one of the mothers was bragging to a staff member about about how much fun the kids were having jumping on the beds!
The breakfast area was a dirty mess and the tables were all dirty and sticky with syrup. There was a staff member filling up the napkin holders but I never saw her clean up anything.
All in all I would not return to this hotel. We learned our lesson it's back to our old standard Larsons Quality Inn for us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Unexpected delay turned to Great experience. Desk clerk was so friendly and helpful.She put my mind at ease. Not only did we get a great clean and spacious room, but also a comfortable bed. Mini fridge and microwave were a bonus too. Cute indoor pool and spa. Very clean well lit lobby. Breakfast fit for a king, hot eggs, sausage, waffles to cold cereal, and everything in between. Walmart is also just up the street,as well as grocery and convenience stores. The staff was so helpful and friendly. I truly felt at home the second I walked thru the door. We have already made reservations for the summer!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kay B
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our stay was a delight! When traveling as much as a production company does this hotel was a gem for modern-day convenience. Not only were the rooms comfortable, clean and accommodating but spacious enough for us to have our luggage and camera/ production equipment safe and secure during our film shoot over the President's Day weekend 2012. The staff was extremely polite, helpful and a pleasure to speak with always making sure everything we needed was accounted for. The lobby was cozy and warm with free hot/cold breakfast items that tasted delicious and fed our crew for the long days of filming. The pool was warm and the hot tub relaxing after long hours of work. The next time we are in Gettysburg PA we will make sure to stay at the Comfort Inn. Our thanks to Donna and her terrific staff! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I should have realized when the "big names" were all full here(Hilton garden; Hampton, Wyndym; etc), that should have said something about this bargain, $70 a night, facility...carpets dirty; outside door to inner hallways, not locked(and I told the cleark who said to come in another door; I told her no, it should be locked so that we are secure and she just didn't get it))...once inside, it smelled like balogna; I tease you not...a very pungid smell of something like that! I told the clerk and she laughed that off too...my bathtub didnt hold water; I did NOT want a shower...and this is even before we sleep...I can't say how the am breakfast will be...but this isn't so great...

Room Tip: try the more quaint places closer to town...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Probably the nicest Comfort Inn I've stayed in. Nothing extremely special but the rooms are very well furnished and the lobby was pleasant. The pool is not very big but is indoors and was great for swimming laps. Location is convenient but as central to downtown as some of the other hotels are.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business