“A hotel with problems”

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I stayed here for several nights because of the proximity to downtown and the battlefields. The bed was comfortable enough, but there a bunch of items that bothered me. 1. Outside door closest to Rt 30 was seemingly never locked so I wondered about security. 2. The hallway smelled like a spicy spray had been used to mask a funky, musty odor. 3.The corners of the bathroom floor had high dirty water marks. And the bottom of the shower curtain when wet had a funky color that I didn't want to touch or smell. 4. The small pillows provided required me to put two together in order to be comfortable and I had to repeat the process again the next night. 5. One night just as I had gotten to sleep I was woken by the blaring whistles of a train. 6. I prefer bacon, but only had the choice of sausage patty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Rt 30 side may not hear the occasional train?
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Iguana_Joe

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The beds were very comfortable and staff was very attentive and when we needed extra towels there was no problem with hotel staff seeing that our needs were met. You will not be disappointed at all!! Just make sure that you make your needs known.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I usually stay at a Choice hotel whenever possible. This hotel was rather old looking and shabby. Corners in the bathroom were dirty. Most of the white tile grout was black. The room's wooden furniture was chipped and worn. The stuffed chair must have had broken springs because I sank nearly to the floor when sitting in it. The decor was bland. At least the breakfast was up to par. All in all, I was disappointed and will not return. There is a Days Inn right next door that looks like a better "Choice".

Room Tip: Go next door!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Read more reviews on my TravelPhotosnFood.com site:

During a recent visit to Gettysburg, PA., as a second choice I decided to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites, 871 York Road, Gettysburg, PA. 17325, Phone 717-337-0831, due to its location. (There is a second Quality Inn which is called ‘Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield’ at 380 Steinwehr Avenue and is not reviewed and under different owners / managers)
We arrived around 9:45pm and I asked for a room with a King Bed. The desk clerk was very nice and after paying for the room and given the times they serve breakfast we parked the car and headed to our room. I was a little concerned when we got to it because it was next to the fitness room but that late no one was in there. Walking in, we noticed it was a suite with two rooms, one with a fold out couch and the other with a king size bed. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Each room had its own air conditioner so you could control the temperatures separate. The bedroom area was clean and fresh with four pillows on it.
The bathroom has a jetted tub and separate shower with a glass door. The moldings around the tub had mildew on them and the jets looked dirty. There was even hair in the tub which turned us both. Needless to say, we did not try the tub at all. My wife even noticed some hair on the outside of the shower area (we should have looked inside also).
We decided to go to bed and had a great nights sleep. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. When I looked out the window there was a wooded area outside so no road noise. We even slept through a heavy rain storm.
The next morning, we noticed more hair in the shower and more mildew around the moldings. The shower head had a lime buildup and the knob was mostly black on the inside with mold and mildew. I should have called the front desk then but we just wanted to get something to eat and leave.
The breakfast area was open and plenty of seating. The eggs looked watery and chopped instead of scrambled, the sausage was a little underdone. They have two waffle makers so there was little waiting there. The rest was your normal juice, milk, coffee, cereal, toast and bagels. I would have to give the breakfast a 3 out of 5 stars if I were to rate it.
When we went back to the room to get our bags, I noticed one of the tables near the couch was unsteady. Guess the legs need tightened also.
Maybe this was just one room but I would not stay here again and rate it as a 2.5 out of 5 stars because of cleanliness. There are too many places around Gettysburg to choose from and being late April most have rooms available

TravelPhotosnFood.com

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2017

told the desk about it they were very nice about it and said they would send someone up to take care of it. we left came back beds were made but still dried pee on side of toliet bowl was still there. called them they sent someone right up. man and a women. my daughter watched her doing it , she dipped the brush into the toilet bowl water and washed the outside of the bowland the seat . my daughter said something to her and she smiled. my daughter said that is not sanitary. afterwards we left to get lysol cleaner and wipes and gloves to clean the doorknobs and the toilet and anywhere else that needed it. will not stay there again. staff was friendly though.

Room Tip: carry lysol with you
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank judith s
Reviewed 5 April 2017

The hotel is part of a 3 hotel complex with a Perkins restaurant to look after all 3 hotels. The check in etc was fast and efficient. The room is standard for this type of hotel. There is a pool, hot tub and exercise room.

Breakfast was a standard offering and included in the rate. Very easy access from the highway and near downtown for a nice dinner.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Very outdated hotel in desperate need of an update. Our bed was horribly uncomfortable and I woke up sore. Every time husband rolled over I felt it. If your not updating the hotel at least get some new mattresses. Typical hotel breakfast. Gross eggs and sausage. It all looked better than it tasted. This hotel tried to make a good effort but simply in need of updating.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family