Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$128
ComfortSuites
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$103
Days Inn by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$170
US$130
AscendHotels
US$189
Official Website
  • Pool
Super 8 by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$60
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

All reviewsother guestseternal flameliving roomjefferson roomauto tour routecookiescivil war buffbreakfast was amazingdietary restrictionswonderful hostsfrench toasta wonderful stayin towngettysburg areachristinecooperbattle
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Great location. Beautiful property. Christine and Todd were very friendly, loved the dog. Really, nothing bad to say. Room was a nice size, bathroom was huge! Be careful, Sallie room is very, very small with separate bathroom across hall. No TVs in the rooms which makes for a little too much quiet for us, but the decks out back and the views were great -- would certainly enjoy them in warmer weather.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We first stayed at the Doubleday Inn about 15 years ago and while there are now new innkeepers, its as wonderful as ever. The location is absolutely perfect - right on the battlefield. There are monuments right across the quiet, tree lined street. We were fortunate to be there on a night when a local historian visits the Inn and spends a couple of hours talking with the guests. Sitting in the parlor of this beautiful old home with other civil war buffs and a very knowledgeable historian... well it doesn't get much better.

Todd and Christine are gracious and knowledgeable hosts who made our trip memorable. The breakfast are fabulous and are a great way to start your Gettysburg day.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed January 8, 2010

As a frequent visitor to Gettysburg to enjoy the charm of this great small town and enjoy it's history, I was fortunate to spend an evening with the owners/Innkeepers of this unique Bed and Breakfast, the Doubleday Inn. The next day I accidently drove by their Inn as I toured the battlefield and decided on my next trip I would visit with them at the Doubleday. That was an excellent decision for several reasons. First, LOCATION. When I say it's right on the battlefield, I mean it is literally on the battlefield at the site of one of the most important points of the battle of Gettysburg on day one. It is quite a daunting experience to live, if only for a weekend stay, on the battefield at the site of one of it's most significant areas of fighting. The Doubleday is located just a short two minute drive from the downtown area and five minutes from the beautiful new visitors center. Everything in Gettysburg is just around the corner for the Doubleday.
The house itself is in beautiful condition and is decorated in excellent taste. You get a warm friendly feeling walking into the front door. Honestly it felt like coming home to your family home. Instead of going out at night we stayed in and enjoyed a warm fire in the living room one evening. All of the bedrooms are fantastic. Not a bad room in the house. We stayed in the Iverson Room, a nice large room on the second floor with great views on the battlefield from the front and the town of gettysburg from the back.
A great B&B is the hard work of a great InnKeeper and in this case two great InnKeepers, Todd and Christine. A charming couple that make you feel right at home. Todd entertained us with stories of the town and a knowledgable history of the battle. He's a great cook as well as his morning breakfast was unbelievable. The house specialty is caramel french toast. I never cared much for french toast but i"ll be experimenting to see if I can duplicate this. If you are ever lucky enough to stay here DON' T miss breakfast. Everyday was great!. Todd, thankyou so much. Christine is a very lovely woman and the beauty of this house is to her credit. Every detail and decoration was to perfection and made the stay perfect. And I'm sure she makes Todd look good in the Kitchen.
I would definately recommend this location to anyone planning to visit Gettsburg. And I will be visiting there again. Without going into much detail I will tell you that my fiance' and I are avid "ghost hunters" and we were not disappointed by our stay at the DoubleDay Inn.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank wsf423
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I recently stayed at the Doubleday Inn while on a business trip in the area. The peacefulness of this B&B located within the national park (the only one that is) is unbelievable. Views of monuments and historic landscapes abound from all windows. The rooms are comfortable and cozy - I stayed in the Cutler room which included a rocker and ottoman for curling up with a good book. Afternoon snacks and breakfasts were bountiful, and Christine and Todd were most helpful with directions and dining recommendations. Molly is a wonderful greeter! I look forward to returning with my husband for a restful getaway in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed December 11, 2009

Read the fine print, no TV or refrigerator in your room and steps to get to every bedroom. There are other B&B's on the battlefield they are not the only one. Some may be in or near town but they are still considered the battlefield. Location a little to quiet for my liking,kinda like a library. I like a little excitment after all it was a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family