“Very good sushi”

Mizu Sushi
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed December 19, 2016

The restaurant is in a strip mall 1 mile north of the FDR House/Library on Route 9.
The restaurant has a full menu but my wife and I chose sushi for lunch. Two pieces for $8 and 3 pieces for $11--very good, very fresh. We chose the included ginger salad over the miso soup and the dressing was outstanding.
The young woman who was our waitress was very friendly and accommodating. We asked for additional ginger with the sushi and she brought a bowl full.
Definitely worth a stop when visiting the area.

2  Thank Afoodie65

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Great, quiet atmosphere, incredibly friendly staff, and fantastically delicious sushi!!! Highly recommend.

2  Thank Julie G
Reviewed November 13, 2016

I've eaten dinner at Mizu Sushi twice in the past couple of months. There is always seating, I like to sit at the sushi bar. The rolls are always freshly made and delicious. I have also sampled the soups. The Miso soup was great. I tried the Tom Yum Kung Chicken soup, that they tell you is very spicy. I like spicy. This was off the charts spicy and close to uneatable. They warned me! The staff is friendly and prices are market value for NY sushi.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

My partner and I did a mid-October "road trip" to the Hudson River Valley area and then on to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine.

While staying in Hyde Park during the start of the trip we did something we rarely, if ever, do and that was to have two main meals at the same restaurant.

Looking for some lighter dinner fare, my partner came up with Mizu Sushi which she and I were both very pleased with.

The ambience (really liked the lighting), the courteous, friendly, and very proficient staff, and the absolutely excellent food and drinks made such an indelible first impression that we had a second dinner there on our final night in Hyde Park before heading off to Newburyport, MA.

There are numerous very good and interesting places to dine between Hyde Park and Rhinebeck but this is a "real find" and one that can be depended upon for the ample menu selections, the quality of its product, and their very reasonable pricing.

We both recommend it highly and I personally recommend trying the hand rolled salmon skin sushi. Don't miss out on their selection of excellent sake cocktails!

2  Thank Harry Z
Reviewed October 24, 2016

We stumbled onto this place on an antiquing road trip to Hudson NY. We liked it so much we ate there again on the way back to the city.

The shrimp and softshell crab tempura was great, with very generous portions. They have a delicious carrot-ginger salad dressing that you can buy to take home--we left with a large container. We'll be back.

1  Thank ladywesterleigh