All reviewsno frillsfdr homedonutsorange juicelight breakfastthe ownerhot showerholiday innplenty of hot waterflat screenwould stay againnothing fancywalking distancebeds were comfortablefdr librarycoffeemattress
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is inexpensive and walking distance for our visit to the FDR home and library. The room was old but clean and comfortable enough. It served our purpose well especially considering the price. The light breakfast of sweet roll, coffee and orange juice got us started each day.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Larry H
Reviewed October 3, 2017

It's so retro at the G.M.M. as if you went back in time. The only update is a large tube Zenith TV from maybe the 90's. Okay this is not a hatchet job review it's a factual review.
for $65 a night it's a steal. The mint color tiled bath with a powerful shower head was cute and sufficient. The queen bed was low and comfy and the hospital light above the bed was blindingly adequate.
The charming older Asian couple who run this place seem to be set in their ways and have no desire to open up possibilities like keeping the pool closed and fixing the vacancy sign out front or to automate a web site check in. However I truly enjoyed my inexpensive stay here and the weekly happy hour next door at the Hyde Park Brewery was to my liking as well. If you need an bargain place to stay in a great location with continental breakfast look no further, this is the motel for you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

The good:
This motel is half the price of the others near by and only slightly more dated than the last quality inn I stayed in.
The room we had 29 was spotlessly clean, walls recently repainted and new mattress.
Breakfast was basic but at least there was some included in the price.
Lady very helpful and friendly at the desk.
Good strong wifi and fridge in the room.
Shower was the best one I've had in the three hotels I've stayed in this week.
Excellent dark curtains- light didn't wake me up in the morning!

The not so good:
Towels small
Rooms could do with an upgrade- especially the bathroom and kitchenette- some things rusty but clean.

I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

We were really worried because we booked this motel due to its position THEN read the reviews. I rang the motel and spoke to the owner asking specifically about beds and cleanliness. She sounded in tears. I have just bought new mattresses and your room is very clean!
She is correct the room is clean and the mattress new.

The motel is dated but the TVs is fine and we have a fridge The air-com is efficient and the curtains cut out the light

She should charge much more and spend the money on updating the decoration and having larger bath towels!

I would stay again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeanneauM
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Room was very dated, needs major renovating. Wallpaper peeling, needs painting, bug walking on wall. Dirty windows, cobwebs hanging from ceiling.
Shower base was black, with bug in it. Appeared to have no shower head.
Linen was clean, but I wouldn't get in bed. Furniture old and very damaged.
Musty smell upon opening door.

Looks nice from roadway, but room was in very bad condition. This may have been the only room like this, I didn't see any others. But did do a walk around next morning and back of buildings are in need of major repairs also
Building appears to have been built in the 1950's and no updates or upgrades made since then.
There are other, more expensive motels in area. I would suggest staying at one of them if at all possible.
Upon checking in, was not asked my name, anything other than told to give my credit card to person behind counter.
Very bad experience.