“Great food”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 150 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$32 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Party of 4, for a Friday night walk-in.
Relaxed atmosphere, lovely people, serving your every need.
Great food, same food, quality, and service at the bar, as in the dining area.
Reasonable prices, keeping in mind we were in Danville,
Have to say, the bar staff - specifically Chad - very helpful, with a wicked sense of humour, adds to the experience.
Always worthy of a revisit.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

I was visiting California to see my family and four of us had dinner at Forbes Mill one evening. The food was really wonderful. My brother had a large steak which was cooked to perfection, and I really enjoyed my own meal, a sampler platter, as well. The pleasant , quiet atmosphere was appreciated. Extensive wine list. We had excellent service. One small glitch was that for some reason my dessert did not arrive with the rest, but that was quickly resolved. Good waiter, who was attentive but not intrusive. This is not an inexpensive place to eat, with our bill with wine and tip topping $300. However it was a lovely meal and for a special event it is more than worth it. Given the price and atmosphere I would not recommend this as a place for small children. I would enjoy eating here when I visit the West Coast again.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Count on $100/pp for a full meal with an alcoholic beverage. The most disappointing aspect was the uneven service. Servers disappeared for long periods of time. Salad portions are very small. Steak was mediocre, dry and over cooked. For the menu prices, customers should receive better food quality and service.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We went to Forbes Mill to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were pleasantly surprised when the hostess provided us with a special "birthday menu" upon hearing that we were there for a special occasion. This made an excellent first impression.

The two men in our party ordered steak (the Prime New York and the filet mignon) and, as one would expect in this kind of establishment, the meat was cooked to perfection. The women in our party ordered fish entree's and enjoyed them immensely. The side dishes of mushrooms and spinach were very good.

Forbes Mill has gone high tech with the wine menu which is presented on a tablet. They offer quite a range of wines from all over the world.

Our server was extremely attentive and helpful when we were making menu choices.

The ambiance is very good and projects an aura of a fine dining establishment.

Needles to say, it is pricey but ... it is worth the money!!

Reviewed June 12, 2017

Woman at front desk refuse to make eye contact with me, and waited full 5 seconds before saying 'ya?' to me. While leaving she passed right by us and looked away. WTF!!! Is this how they treat their customers? I've been here few times before, but never had to encounter that woman since others made reservations. Started bad that left bad taste throughout the dinner.

To be fair, the overall service from the waiter was good, but not all is well that ends well, if the start is crappy.