“Hats off to the Forbes Mill management team”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 150 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$32 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed October 14, 2017

We took our 99 year young Buddy to Forbes Mill last night for his birthday dinner.
EVERTHING, including the cocktails, appetizers, entrees, wine flights, servers, and deserts were all out of this world. in addition we were given a custom menu, making mention of our Buddy and his age along with champagne.

A class act .. to say the least.

Our waiter could not have been more attentive etc and we all left feeling very pampered and happy.

Job well done !

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice restaurant but given other choices in the area and the price I would choose somewhere else to get more variety and better atmosphere. This is great if you want a steak and some basic sides. It's nice just not special.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Party of 4, for a Friday night walk-in.
Relaxed atmosphere, lovely people, serving your every need.
Great food, same food, quality, and service at the bar, as in the dining area.
Reasonable prices, keeping in mind we were in Danville,
Have to say, the bar staff - specifically Chad - very helpful, with a wicked sense of humour, adds to the experience.
Always worthy of a revisit.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

I was visiting California to see my family and four of us had dinner at Forbes Mill one evening. The food was really wonderful. My brother had a large steak which was cooked to perfection, and I really enjoyed my own meal, a sampler platter, as well. The pleasant , quiet atmosphere was appreciated. Extensive wine list. We had excellent service. One small glitch was that for some reason my dessert did not arrive with the rest, but that was quickly resolved. Good waiter, who was attentive but not intrusive. This is not an inexpensive place to eat, with our bill with wine and tip topping $300. However it was a lovely meal and for a special event it is more than worth it. Given the price and atmosphere I would not recommend this as a place for small children. I would enjoy eating here when I visit the West Coast again.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Count on $100/pp for a full meal with an alcoholic beverage. The most disappointing aspect was the uneven service. Servers disappeared for long periods of time. Salad portions are very small. Steak was mediocre, dry and over cooked. For the menu prices, customers should receive better food quality and service.