All reviews full kitchen small exercise room br suite free breakfast front desk marriott courtyard place to stay flat screen shopping and restaurants extended stay pleasant stay easy access convenience patients corridor surgery kitchenette
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

I was scheduled for a 6 am lab appointment and 11am doctor appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and booked this hotel which is steps away. On my 4 hour drive from the west coast of Florida, the front desk called me at 2 pm to ask if I had any special requests, like water in the room Etc. I was so impressed. I was even more impressed when I got there and the same clerk greeted me with, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is we have a room, the bad news is it’s 12
Miles away. I stayed there arguing with him for 20 minutes and as the lobby filled with people waiting, the manager was put on the phone to give me the same message. This had to be one of the worst hotel experiences of my life, I think when the clerk called me, he was actually hoping I was canceling because apparently they were overbooked. Not up to Marriott standards and never never again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

I am so sorry for the experience that you described. I would like to encourage you to reach out directly to me at (904)992-9992 as I want to follow up on this situation. It has been a long time since we have had to send a guest to another hotel and in the 10 years that I have managed this hotel, we have never had to walk someone that far away. I think this review may be about a different hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The staff is always friendly and helpful, rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is always great and the best part is its a short walk to all the clinics at Mayo! Its close to shopping and restaurants and easy access off San Pablo
Thanks everybody!

Date of stay: November 2017
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you coming back again and staying with us!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We visited here for my pre birthday getaway. The room was spacious and clean. We experienced some smoke seeping in our room from the connecting door early in the morning (6am). This really was an inconvenience due to both of us having respiratory conditions. We were finally relocated at 8am to a smaller room, but it was ok. The front desk staff were very courteous and offered us snacks for the road when we left. Thanks Marriott for making it right.

Room tip: Check reviews of the hotels and pictures.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Thank you for the review and again, we are so sorry that someone was smoking around you. We are a completely smoke free hotel, but we do get people from time to time that disregard the policy. I am glad my team was able to help make it right. We hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Good value for the money. We had the 2 bedroom suite which was very spacious. Some of the furniture is showing age and wear and tear. No soap in one bathroom and no bedding for the sofa bed, but staff was very responsive to rectify these small problems. Very pleasant front desk staff, especially the evening clerk but we didn’t catch his name. Breakfast was good the first day but second day was lacking, as though they couldn’t keep up with demand. The most disturbing thing about the whole stay though was when we came back to the room on day 1 to a partially open door to the room which had to be housekeeping. We reported this to the front desk, so hopefully someone will address this carelessness. Otherwise a good stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for reporting this and for the feedback, so that we can rectify any issues. We are so glad that you liked the room and found the staff pleasant.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

If you are going to be at the Mayo clinic for an extended period of time, this place is really convenient. It's attached, so you don't even need to walk outside. The room has a full kitchen, so that's a nice plus. Parking and wi-fi are free. Breakfast is average. Coffee is available all day. I read the other reviews, and agree, this place needs an update. And, the housekeeping staff does indeed need to step up their game. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. We have made some changes in our housekeeping department and hope that these improvements provide a better experience for our guests.