“Cheap and cheerful”

Ranked #104 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee, Florida
“Cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Good location for an overnight stop or for checking out central Jacksonville. Really nice staff who were very helpful when i wanted to change the booking.
Clean, fresh smelling rooms with all advertised amenities and comfortable beds.
Only downside for me was the poor internet connection. It's free and easy to connect to but very slow.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
super8central, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for choosing our Super 8 in Jacksonville. We try our best to make sure our guest have a good experience with there stay with us. We have resolved the issue with the wireless internet and I do want to apologize for that inconvenience. We look forward of serving you on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tarpon Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Check-in was fast and the clerk even checked my room to be sure there was internet access. (It was - however - poor and I actually connected with the hotel across the street!!). Otherwise the room was clean and the mini-fridge worked well as did the heat (yes, heat!). There is the usual coffee maker, ironing board/iron, & hair dryer available. The breakfast was typical 8 fare - fine with me. Considering the price, I was very happy with the room. DRIVERS BE CAREFUL: - depending on the I-95 SOUTH off ramp you may pass the entrance to the motel. Make a right turn at the next street and go around the block to the entrance/office.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Jacksonville. Your input means a lot to us and I do want to let you know that we have resulted to Wifi problem so you should have no issues with the wireless internet on your next stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jacksonville.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

The room smelled like urine and there was mold on the carpet by the air conditioner as well as in the bathroom. They gave us keys to 2 different rooms - definitly a security risk. If it had not been so late and we had not been so tired we would have kept driving. The staff was nice but the hotel was aweful!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Thank you for staying us and I do apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. Because of our humidity in the summer time we make the effort to keep our capets and air conditons clean. We hope you will give us another chance here at our Super 8 next time in Jacksonville.
Managua, Nicaragua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

My friend and I were on a road trip from South Floriday to NYC and this was one of the hotels we stayed at. It was perfectly fine for what it was, a place to stleep at night. It was not luxurious but it was clean and comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this to someone wanting to stay at the Ritz but its a decent highway hotel. One of the front desk staff was really kind going out of her way to help us out with recommendations for restaurants. I can't remember her name but thanks!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank aprilS72
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Me and my honey were looking to run away for a long weekend on the beach, and Jacksonville is the closest beach with the best reputation for being quiet and reasonably priced. I booked on the Wyndham site because this hotel was located well for our purpose...when you look at the map. When we got there, it was in the not so wonderful part of town, and when we went into the room, I wanted to leave. When you rent a room in FL, you expect to smell damp carpet, and usually even in newer facilities, mold is somewhere in the room, but this was unbelievable. The room/carpet was not only musty but dirty. The air conditioner whined so loud that we turned it off. The shower walls had soap scum and the grout was covered in dust. My teenaged son keeps house better than they do! Further, we made reservations, so they knew we were coming, yet the fridge wasn't plugged in and the coffee maker was there, but there was no pitcher for it!!!! ?? No, I didn't bother telling the office. When I pay for any service, I want the service, I don't want to move to another room just because the staff won't do their job. I am shocked to find this kind of hotel within the Wyndham chain, they have always represented the unmost in cleanliness service and quality. None of these describe this hotel. On the upside, the sheets were clean and smelled like bleach and there was not any noisy guests. The front desk was very courteous and efficient.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. I do wish we could of fix the problem while your stay with us. I have hired a new housekeeping staff to better keep up with our cleanliness on a day to day basis. We usually do not have this issue at our property and do hope you choose to stay with us in the future so you can see that our Super 8 is great place to stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I was there in April for a Masonic Conference. The management team took very good care of us for four days. J was very accomdating and kind to us. This will always be my place to crash when I visit Jacksonville. The breakfast in the lobby really was good.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank simpdog32301
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

For the price, the hotel is acceptable. But the surrounding noise from the highway and the idiots peeping horns and slamming doors at 2 am makes it hard to get a good nites sleep. Walls are paper thin. Casual conversations are easily heard. Location is not a great neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
super8central, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. Did you inform the front desk about the noise? They could of moved you closer to the frontdesk where its away from the road. We do hope you will choose our Super 8 again where we can make sure your stay is better. I would like to also let you know about The Historic San Marco, that is only blocks away from us. Its a really nice area with Shops and Restaurants. I do recommend going there on your next stay with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (904)396-4090 and ask for Jay or via email at super8central@gmail.com. Thank you for staying at our Super 8 and we look forward to accomodating you on your next visit to Jacksonville.