See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We were supposed to stay in the room for about a week. The front desk staff was very nice (but the manager was not). The rooms are a nice size. The room had a strong smell (ramen?). We had friends in two additional rooms and theirs also smelled bad, and each room had a different smell (one friend bought air fresheners to cover up the odors). The stovetop in the kitchenette was loose in the countertop.

I woke in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. When I turned on the light there was a cockroach by the bathroom sink. I turned on the kitchen light and there were 3 more in that sink. We killed those and tried to go back to bed. A short while later I killed one crawling on the bedroom wall next to the bed, and then one appeared about a foot away from my face as it crawled out from under the pillow! That was all I could handle and I went out and slept in my car. When I came back to the room in the morning there were more cockroaches, and further inspection revealed the stains on the walls were actually carcasses of dead roaches. Needless to say, we checked out immediately the next morning.

Oh yeah, this was after a dead man was found in the lobby that same morning...true.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Please accept our apologies regarding the negative experience you had during your stay at our hotel. We work hard to provide our guests with a pleasant experience, and obviously we fell short of this. We appreciate you bringing the in-suite unwanted guests situation to our attention. We have our pest control company scheduled to treat the room and the property today. We also regret any other inconvenience caused while you were here. We hope we will have another chance to show you our hospitality in the near future and redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Pretty great rooms but I had roaches in my room. The guy that works in the middle of the night wasn't much help until the ladies came in the morning. I was moved to another room and it was great plus I was compensated for the last night thanks to one of the front desk ladies Ryne.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We appreciate you highlighting the service provided by Ryne and are pleased you liked our reasonable rates. However, we are sorry for the service issues you encountered with some of our associates and for the uninvited visitor you experienced in your room. Appropriate measures have been taken to ensure this is not repeated. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

It is a No Smoking Hotel, but everyone since to smoke there including the staff. People smoke in the rooms and the front entrance to the Hotel. Must fine a better way to improve on the activity at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Charlie, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced due to the smoke smell while here. We have strict policies where we prohibit smoking in some areas so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can address it appropriately. Thank you for the candid feedback, and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I love this place because it was very clean and the staff that work there are very friend. The room was just like i wanted. I will tell all of my friends to stay here because it make you feel like you are at home.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay

Thanks for making Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows a part of your travel plans. We are thrilled to know your stay with us was comfortable and that you were impressed with our courteous associates. We appreciate you recommending us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This hotel was not clean at all. The beds still had someone's hair in them as well as the bathroom towels here dirty. No one came to tidy up room while we were there. Great location but could work on maitanece.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Deborah, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. You are absolutely correct to expect a clean, well-maintained property as your home away from home when traveling, and I apologize for failing to provide that for you. My staff and I are taking steps to ensure every detail from the first impression at check-in to the final at check-out and will focus on providing a better experience for every guest entering our doors. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to provide you with the hospitality you deserve.