Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Jacksonville)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Although clean, you get what you paid for. Well priced; simple beds, nothing compared to home. Internet connection was slow. Maybe because is for extended stay and it doesn't have all the amenities of a regular hotel, it is what it is. Front desk folks could use a little more smile and attention when treating guests.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for your response and critique. It is very much appreciated. We are working with our front desk more to give service with a smile. I hope that everything went well during your travels and the I would also like to wish you and your family a Happy and Safe Holiday Season.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Decided to stay here for the night because we got a discount and only paid $30 for a night. BIG MISTAKE! We arrived around 11:30 pm. The office closes at 11:00 pm and there is a sign stating to use phone next to door and follow directions. I picked up the phone and a man comes up beside me and starts almost yelling "I'M RIGHT HERE." How was i to know he was the employee? Got to room and the smell was HORRIBLE as soon as we opened door. Cigarette smoke, musty smell. The sheets were dirty. There were bugs flying around. The wall felt like it had a "powdery" residue on it. There was a used towel in the bathroom on the sink. dirty dishes in sink. white, powdery substance on the stove.The small refridgerator had orange stuff all over the bottom of freezer, and there was still FOOD in the fridge. I was scared to stay the night, but my husband decided we would tough it out. I did not sleep at all! Could hear all the neighbors as they got up for the day. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOTEL! next time i will stay at a more expensive place. you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Do not take any rooms! Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tiffany m
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

I would like to begin by apologizing for the security personel that appeared to be yelling at you. I spoke with that employee about your concerns and he assured me that he did not mean to lead you to believe that and he would like to apologize to you. He just wanted to let you know that he was on the property and available. The problem with your room was completely unacceptable and there are no words that begin to describe how embarrassed I am by your expierence. It is never our intent to rent a room to anyone that is not ready to be rented, such as this case. It is clear to me that the room had not had housekeeping that day and never should've been assigned to you. I also want to thank you for this review. Had you not said anything, we would not have known that a room that is not ready slipped by us. I hope the rest of your travels went well.

Shelley Castilho

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I'll be returning in September for my 3rd stay here.I had a problem on the first stay with a refrigerator that hadn't been defrosted in months, apparently, but I just put it in the shower overnight and it was fine in the morning, Minor problem with Internet e-mail connectivity the 2nd time, but self-resolved after a pleasant but unproductive conversation with tech support. My rooms have always been clean, the beds comfortable, and the showers hot. I don't ask much more -- it's not the Ritz-Carlton, but IMHO they do a good job of providing a decent room at a bargain price.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank PhoebeAnn
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that with every stay, you notice a change for the better. Since your first stay, we have received the larger refridgerators, I hope that you had the chance to expierence those.
I look forward to your next stay. Please call the hotel directly, in advance so that we may give you the VIP treatment.

Thank you again. It's always a pleasure when a guest is happy.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

This is the third year I have stayed in this hotel during my trip to the United States. It is an extended stay hotel so it doesn't have all the services of other hotels, but for what they charge, the rooms are clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank asimovtrek
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

The Staff and I would like to Thank you for your kind review. The next time you are in the area, I hope that you will choose us again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My daughter and I were on our way home to Valdosta, GA, when our vehicle broke down. Unfortuantely, it is not a quick fix and the mechanics recommended Suburban Exteneded Stay. After reading reviews here I was EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL. I am a clean freak and can not tolerate rude employees. Upon check in, desk clerk was superb. Very friendly and helpful. When we went to our room, we were pleasently surprised. Although small (But it is certainly suitable), it was very clean!! New bedding, new carpet, new fridge (with a real freezer). TV is also new, with great channel line-up. Kitchette is well stocked with everything you would need to prepare meals. AC works FANTASTIC!! I like it cold, and at times it has been too cold. There is also free wireless included. Rest of the staff, is wonderful as well. Very cordial and helpful. Also, being wthout a vehicle, there are numerous restaurants well with in walking distance. GREAT RATES as well!! Prior to arrival here, I spent 3x's the amount per night and was not half as satisfied as I am here. I will definelty stay here again when traveling to/through Jacksonville.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TitchToo
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

I would like to thank you for your kind comments. It is very much appreciated. We have tried really hard to turn things around and give a better impression and your comments will help us alot to show guests that we are not as bad as our comments.
You are very much appreciated and when you are traveling in the area again, please contact us ahead of time so that we can make special arrangements for you.

Thanks again,