All reviews mayo clinic manager's reception shell gas station board meeting front desk ample breakfast mayo visit cinnamon buns ponte vedra fresh cookies yogurt small refrigerator breakfast hostess sausage patties the ritz clean property recently stayed at this hotel
Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

I was so impressed by this property that I stayed here again on a return trip to the area! I cancelled another reservation to stay here again. Very clean and friendly, welcoming staff! I recommend this property highly!!!Greeted with a smile by staff who care about their guests and know what customer service means!

Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank 2010RAV
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2014

2010rav, wow and thanks for your return stay we are delighted to have become your choice hotel here while in Jacksonville. We look forward to continuously serving you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Jacksonville.

Reviewed October 28, 2014

I choose this campus because of the Holiday Inn good name in the lodging business. This hotel didn't disappoint. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was clean and friendly. The breakfast was good with a nice hostess. They had a van running to Mayo Clinic and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes to leave or be picked up. The pool and workout areas were adequate and clean.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy W
Reviewed October 20, 2014

My son and I stayed here for a few days while waiting to see a concert. The front desk people were very friendly and the room was nice. The room had two very comfortable queen beds, a nice flatcscreen TV, a fridge and microwave. There was an iron and ironing board in the closet, as well as a safe. There was a chair for sitting and also a desk and chair. Internet was included, the pool is indoor/outdoor. We swam two days in the afternoon and it was nice.. Breakfast is included also, and is a step above a typical continental setup. They have egg patties so you can make a sandwich, cereal, a unique pancake machine, and pastries. The cinnamon rolls were excellent. Coffee is available all day. The common areas were very clean, and every person we spoke with at the hotel was very friendly. Matthew at the front desk was really helpful when we asked any questions.
There is a Ruby Tuesday you can walk to, and Publix is right next door. If you are hungry and don't want to go out, you can just walk over to the Publix where they have great sandwiches and take out food options from the Deli.
Overall, an excellent stay. I would highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

Room Tip: I would try for a room not close to the elevators because the ice machines can be loud...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank music_fanatic1
Reviewed October 4, 2014

This hotel has been revamped- was a Wyngate done over by HIE. Clean rooms, decent breakfast options and nice grounds. Shuttle available if you need to go to Mayo. Was offered my choice of floors at check in. This property sits back from the road next to a Publix shopping center and behind a bank and restaurant. Be sure to turn in at the shopping center, if you miss that left turn you must get on another highway and back track to the hotel. Overall fine hotel though for me personally will likely choose the Jax Beach HIE next time as it is closer to my preferred location.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

TerryGator,
I am so happy to hear you were able to enjoy our improvements in our hotel. We have done a complete revamp on our hotel and service culture to better serve the needs of our guests. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2014

I'm spoiled and stay at The Ritz but, I wanted to stay right by Mayo Clinc and it was a last minute thing. I was actually nervous about the area and hotel but it was actually quiet nice. New and clean and every employee was so nice. Public next door and Mayo one minute away.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Classact10
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2014

sarasota69, thank you so much for your recent visit. We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time. Our staff prides themselves on our unique approach to hospitality. We look forward to serving you again sometime in the future.