“Mexican ”

El Potro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,248 of 2,097 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This authentic restaurant is located in a nondescript strip mall but has tasty Mexican food at a reasonable price. There is a bar area with TVs for those diners who want to watch sports. My husband and I like this spot for Mexican at Jax Beach.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Came for lunch friendly server,clean facilities, fresh food,great taste. Variety on the buffet salad and desert Price good for what you eat. Definitely if you are looking for a casual in and out lunch this is a good option.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Always fresh. Always good. Great family atmosphere. Love the Texas rice. They have a buffet but I have never tried it. It seems to be very popular though, so I'm guessing it's good.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

This place is near our home. We stop in a couple of times a month to have a couple of beers and a bite to eat. It IS NOT a five star eatery and does not pretend to be, although it has it's good points.

The food isn't bad and certain dishes a quite good
It's not expensive. Most entrees are under $10 and that's why it gets four stars.
I have never had it, but they also have a buffet for you big eaters (check times and days)

Surprise good items are hotwings (old school) and the make a really good basis pollo soup.

Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

In Jacksonville for a few days and wanted Mexican food and El Potro was pretty close so we tried it. Our waitress could not have cared less that we were even there. They have a buffet and were almost offended we asked for a menu. The buffet food seems to have sat out all day. A refill really offended our waitress. We ordered beef nachos for our kids and it literally tasted like dog food, not joking.

The salsa tastes like it is poured out of a Pace Picante Sauce jar. I hate writing bad reviews but this place deserves it. I honestly cannot think of a worse dining experience and I travel a lot and I eat at a lot of places.