“Awesome Shuttle Driver”

Ranked #38 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Granger
“Awesome Shuttle Driver”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Needed a room quick as the flights were overbooked and we were unable to get home. Called the hotel from the airport 'Hot Line" in the baggage area, and within 15 minutes the shuttle driver Cheree (sp) was there with a smile and the friendliest demeanor I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She told us the best place to eat for and even mentioned that she would be happy to shuttle us there and back to the hotel, which she did with even more smiles. The front desk clerk was also just as nice and made us feel better about having to spend an additional night in JAX. The room was clean, the bed was soft and although we were out early the next morning, I'd come back to this hotel in a minute. What a fantastic duo they have taking care of their customers!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Marie H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glen Cove, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed en route to the gulf beaches. Rooms are clean and comfortable enough. Our son loved the indoor/outdoor pool, and the in-room video games. (But why are the ppv movies so expensive?)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Fairfax, Va
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions in one week, while traveling through Florida. This hotel is located right off of I-95, which we loved. We were given the same room each time, and while the room itself was very clean, the shower had mold in it. I was sure that between our stays, someone would have used something to remove the mold, but when we returned a week later, the mold was still there. When a room is being cleaned 7 times a week, a housekeeper should take notice of the mold and do something to remove it. How long does it take to spray some Tilex in the shower? The check-in process was smooth and each time we had requested a room overlooking the parking lot, which we were given. The only issue was that by the time we arrived at the hotel, all of the parking spaces that were visible from the hotel rooms, were taken. There is a back parking lot that is not well lit and is surrounded by trees and bushes. A sign posted in the back parking lot states: "User Assumes All Risk." Those parking spaces are not visible from any of the rooms and there were large trucks (tractor trailers) parked back there, which blocked any view of our vehicle from the hotel. Upon check in, the front desk clerk assured us that there were cameras in the parking lot, but I didn't see any. (The hotel is situated sideways on Airport Road, meaning the entrance and main parking lot are on the side of the hotel, which is kind of odd.) Because we had a pick up truck loaded with large items that could not be brought into the hotel, we worried about the safety of our vehicle and belongings. The first night we stayed there, my husband got up and checked on the truck at least 3-4 times during the night. This didn't make for a restful night for any of us! The second night we stayed there, over Easter weekend, the parking lot was even more crowded and we had to park at the very back of the dark, rear parking lot. My husband slept in the truck that night--again, this was not a restful night for any of us. Around 2:45am on the night of our second stay, my husband was awakened by someone cruising around the back of the parking lot. That vehicle pulled up right next to our truck, and the occupants were playing very loud music, which woke my husband up. My husband hit the lights in our truck a couple of times to alert whomever it was, that someone was in the vehicle, in case they were trying to steal something from the back of the truck. The other vehicle continued to sit there playing the loud music, and my husband felt unsafe, so he started the truck and pulled out of the parking lot. He drove to a nearby hotel, which had a larger, well lit parking lot, and sat there. He waited for about 5-10 minutes and then saw the other vehicle traveling down the main road in front of the hotel at a high rate of speed. I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk when we were checking out, who just kind of shrugged her shoulders. We travel quite frequently with lots of belongings in our truck, and this was the first time we have ever encountered such a dark, isolated parking lot at a hotel. While other parts of the hotel were nice: rooms were spacious, the free breakfast had a wide variety of choices and lots of seating, and the hotel was very quiet at night, we would not stay here again due to the parking situation. There were other nearby hotels with larger, well lit parking lots.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pilatesgirl
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The staff service was excellent! The staff went out their way to make our stay enjoyable. My sons stayed in the pool all day. The heat was on the entire time. Breakfast was hot and great with much to choose from. Every store one might need was within walking distance. I recommend this hotel to all my friends now!
Great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Check-in was quick and easy. Room was spotless, and was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast room was spacious and clean, and breakfast was great. The entire property is kept up very well, and is in a safe, quiet neighborhood with plenty of places to eat within a couple of minutes, and there is a huge shopping center 5 minutes away that is also reached with their shuttle. I was a little surprised when I returned at 3:45 PM on my second day to find that housekeeping hadn't been there yet. I called the front desk, and within 2 minutes housekeeping arrived. I was told they were completely filled Saturday night and were a bit behind on the housekeeping. On the morning of my departure, I found my statement under my door and all I had to do was drop the key off at the front desk on my way out. I will stay there again, and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark F
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We're getting older and can't drive as far as we used to, so we decided to stay somewhere in the Jacksonville, FL area, preferably south of it. We found this deal at 50% off. Reviews were good so we tried it. The reviews were spot on. Easy to get to, very modern, restaurants within walking distance, we were happy happy with our choice. The room was spacious and very clean and modern. Staff were very friendly and called to the room to see if everything was to our satisfaction. Complimentary breakfast was terrific. I guess that the hotel was near the airport but we didn't hear any air traffic. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay near Jacksonville.

Room Tip: We took what was offered and it was fine.