“Glad that they Reopened!”
Review of Bistro AIX

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Phillips Street
Description: Inspired by unforgettable meals served at cozy bistros in the South of France, Bistro AIX brings together European cooking techniques and seasonal ingredients to create award-winning French-inspired comfort food. An inspired juxtaposition of antiques and contemporary pieces gives the restaurant its distinctive look, while engaging and knowledgeable servers ensure an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed February 22, 2018

We went for a birthday dinner. Bistro AIX shines as a bar. The waiter was very helpful about the wine selection and the drinks were superior.

The rest of the meal was good but a bit uneven. Ahi Tuna tartare was a star! The onion soup was not what we expected (more like lentil soup than a clear broth). The main course of steak frites and lamb were excellent.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

My wife and I spent date night at the famous Bistro Aix. It did not disappoint! The wife ordered a bottle of Caymus at the recommendation of our server (Robert). I had the Steak Frites and my wife had the Filet. Both meals were cooked to perfection. The manager (Cory) came by to check on us and suggested a fantastic dessert. Another manager (Steve) also came by with the check to insure we had a great time. WE DID! Thank You Bistro Aix for a very romantic date night! See you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Well, different for me at least. Nice atmosphere and a really cool illuminated bar made of alabaster or something.

Everyone loved the food. I had e steak frites, the gf had a filet. Both were excellent. I really liked the fresh local vegetables. I think it was a mix of corn, green beans broccoli and little tomatoes. I'm not one to be super into vegetables, so that tells you how good they were.

Beer on tap is somewhat limited, as is bottled beer. I have some simple tastes and couldn't get a Budweiser. I could get my second go to, a Yuengling lager.

We had to run for a show and couldn't do dessert, but they have a dedicated dessert counter toward the back that looked great.

Oh, the bread before dinner was awesome as well.

We'll be back for sure.

Oh, I lucked out and got the best parking spot in front of the place, but there's more parking in back. Lots of people walked or took a ride service, it seemed.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Had a nice lunch here for work purposes food was good and service very friendly would
Go Back of in the area

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Is you are looking for consistently good food, great atmosphere, and quality service ... look no further! Bistro Aix french inspired menu and selections are the kind of creations that make foodies smile. There are too many quality dishes to name but we especially like the: speciality pizzas, French onion soup, seafood selections, burgers/steaks, and blue cheese homemade potato chips are a must!

They also have an Excellent wine selection by the bottle and glass. The wait and bar staff are service oriented plus knowledgeable enough to provide great recommendations/pairings. Aix has been producing quality food and experiences for the 15+ years we have lived in Jax and has become a staple in our dining rotation. We never get tired of dining at Aix, would highly recommend!