“Good food and good atmosphere at happy hour”
Review of Casbah Cafe

Casbah Cafe
Ranked #423 of 2,232 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Diner, French, Moroccan
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My friends and I had a really great time tasting lots of wonderful food at happy hour on a Friday night visit. The restaurant offers drink specials until 7 o'clock. We had the grape leaves, the fried cheese, extremely fresh and flaky falafel, and the olives and salami plate - it was all great. Towards the end of our visit there was a belly dancer performing. People were smoking hookah around us and the scents were pleasant.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Great place, I go there regularly. Best hookah place in Jacksonville and trust me I have been to all of them and they have really good Arabic food. You can sit inside (there is a bar and sofas and tables) or outside. Variety of beers and hookah flavours.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

Local bar with young gen x scene and good vibe. Freindly staff. Don’t go if your a non smoker. Worth a visit.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

While the restaurant inside and outside is wheelchair accessible, those with breathing difficulties might want to rethink coming to this cafe. I was not aware that the hookah smoking area was not separated from the eating area so you will smell the smoke right when you enter and during your meal. We had a person who had asthma and had to leave once the hookah smoking started behind us.

We were here for lunch and ordered the lamb pita, which is served with one side. The pita was loaded with lamb and humus. It was so enjoyable that we put this restaurant on our food delivery list.

There are diagonal street parking spots but be aware that the handicap spots are not lined correctly so you may need to be a little inventive if you have a ramp or lift.

The restrooms are wheelchair accessible but I could not reach the door lock nor reach the hand towel dispenser from my manual wheelchair.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

We went with friends for a late dinner on a Saturday night. It is a popular hookah bar for the younger scene. The food will not disappoint! The server was fabulous and the food was authentic. They had a great outdoor area if you are bothered by the smoke. We enjoyed the belly dancer and the fun environment.