“Easy on the eyes but not the ears”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The hotel looks great on the inside and out. It is decorated in a modern style and even smells new. However, the walls are paper thin. We had a room next to the staircase, and everytime someone opened the door, it would slam shut. We heard it all night long, for each of the 3 nights we were there. When my husband went to complain about it in the middle of the night, the front desk staff said there was nothing that could be done--they didn't even offer to let us move to another room. Besides that incident, the front desk staff was pleasant. I never got around to trying the continental breakfast, so I'm not sure how it was. The beds were comfy and I liked the location, but the noise was enough for me not to return.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the stairs--the door slams
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Needed a hotel overnight before catching a flight from JAX. Booked it through Hotwire, even though I knew it was a blind draw. I was more interested in price.

When Hotwire placed us at Microtel I groaned. But, I thought "it's only one night". I can make do.

But, what a pleasant surprise. Clean, large room, comfortable bed, large, flat panel TV with clear picture and lots of satellite channels. Even an in-room refrigerator and microwave. Even a "breakfast" (muffins, oatmeal, grits, juices, coffee, milk).

One caveat and one recommendation. Caveat - check to make sure the maid left enough towels and the kind of coffee you want to get you going in the morning.

Recommendation - try to work in a meal at the Millhouse Restaurant on Airport Road, east of the hotel. It's a hidden gem. Great food at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucretiaHiggins
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We needed a place to stay one night because of a very early international flight plus park our car for a week. Greg Spatz, the general manager, runs a great hotel. Do not hesitate to stay here if you need a hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Stopped in on the way to Disney after 8 long hours on the road. Found the desk clerk helpful and friendly. The room was clean and had all we needed. We managed to fit a pack 'n' play crib and a roll away bed with just enough room to move around. Check in/out was quick and easy. Hotel was located off I-95 with an easy return to the interstate. Would definitely stay here again! My only negative is that the walls were a bit thin. We could hear the guy next door coughing a few times through the night but it was only a minor disturbance. We did however feel the need to leave quickly in the morning before our kids woke up the whole place.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wiltontravelers
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Reminds me of an Ibis if you bop around Europe. Small, clean, together. Everything you need with friendly people.

Not really somewhere I'd go for vacation but great for night before an early flight or a stop on a long drive on 95.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We had never stayed at a Mircrotel before and were a bit leery that it would be a dump, but we wer pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, plenty of room for the four of us, and had a fridge and microwave. The front desk person we checked in with was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was fine but a bit less than other more expensive chains, but it worked for us. We will definitely stay at this chain again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I came to Jax. Fl for a church event and needed a hotel. I called Microtel Inn and Suites and Gregory Pressley gave me a good rate for a suite and told me directions to the places I needed to go. Had a comfortable stay and made it back home safe. I reccommend Microtel Inn and Suites to anybody going to Jax. FL and catch up with Mr. Pressley he'll give you a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business