“Good hotel in a great town.”
Review of Hotel Elliott

Hotel Elliott
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Seattle, Washington
“Good hotel in a great town.”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The Hotel Elliott is in the heart of Astoria, a great little town with lots to see. Parking was no problem; there was a municipal lot in the next block. Our second floor room (in the back) had a very limited view, but I wasn't expecting much. Our room was quiet (as compared to some of the other reviewers'), but it was also the weekend, so maybe we caught a break. There was some sort of construction/demolition across the street.

Nice amenities, including Aveda shampoo (my favorite thing to steal from hotels); the heated floors were cute, but I didn't spend enough time barefoot to care. (I was actually worried that my feet might get sauteed, but they were only lightly seared.) Our queen bed was a little too soft (which is a matter of taste, and not a strike against the hotel); and we're used to a king (which again is not the hotel's fault).

I loved the quaint styling. The hotel shows its age graciously - none of that sterile plastic and marble from business hotels here!

Our room was not made up at all the day after we arrived (we had it for two days); I'm not sure if that was an oversight or hotel policy. Fortunately, nothing very messy had happened, so the room was quite habitable, even without maid service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank duke_of_omnium

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I'm a business traveller and I stay in hotels on a weekly basis. I ususally don't write reviews on hotels but I feel that I need to write about Hotel Elliott. It's is a fabulous hotel in the heart of Astoria and I could not have asked for a better hotel and location. The beds were amazing and the entire room was very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and they gave me great advice on what to do and where to eat in Astoria. This is one of my favorite hotels I've stayed in and I stay in over 100 hotels in a year. Great job Hotel Elliott.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
carefree, az
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Such a lovely welcoming hotel in downtown Astoria. The staff is so welcoming and the rooms, while older, are nicely appointed. The bathrooms even have heated floors. We were able to open our windows and enjoy the lovely breeze.
The rooftop deck is not to be missed. You can see the bridge, the river and the town. Even if just up for the view, or better yet, take a bottle of wine and relax.
The breakfast, served in the lower level, is a bit funky. However, the food was very nice and the server so hospitable. Just a dark space which really can not be changed.
This is the second time we have stayed at the Hotel Elliot and if we are ever back in Astoria, we will stay there again. Why mess with magic!!!!!

Room Tip: I would chose the rooms with a river view if possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Carefree_AzJuliew
Reviewed 3 October 2011

It's 3 AM and my husband and I are miserable. After traveling all day to get here, we were looking forward to a nice, quiet evening. It started out okay, but we've been awake for hours! Not even earplugs are able to muffle the seemingly constant street noise of trucks and machinery (street sweepers?). Of course our windows are wide open to enable us to breathe. With no a/c, it is stuffy and stifling with them closed. They were wide open when we arrived ... a clue.

Don't think our bathroom was serviced before our arrival as evidenced by a used towel, no soap etc. and the ragged edge of torn toilet tissue rather than the typical "I've cleaned your toilet" fold down.

The young lady at the front desk was not very friendly. We received a bored stare the few times we passed the front desk.

We had planned to stay four nights, but will be leaving as soon as possible - very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank josiebeeee
Venice
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Nicely renovated rooms with great bathrooms which have heated floors. There's a top (6th) floor terrace with a nice view and tables for a sunset drink (bring your own). Friendly reception staff. You can hear some street noise in your room, but it is not too distracting. Excellent location convenient to several restaurants, shopping and is withing walking distance to the waterfront. Very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Choose a third to fifth floor to buffer the street noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Would not have stayed here, but last minute decision as husband was not feeling well enough to keep driving. Nice hotel and location but not worth the $160 we paid. Room was warm without A/C, that interrupted our sleep. Nice bathroom, kinda crappy shower. Weird bar downstairs but really cool bartender Ingrid. Probably would not spend that much on this experience again.

• Stayed September 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed two nights and overall it was a positive experience and likely our choice when return. Excellent location with only two downsides, first is parking (especially when it is pouring). At $250 per night a valet would have been appreciated as walking many blocks in the rain was not appreciated not were the lack of umbrellas at the hotel. second is price. They are a bit steep for what you get, but the old saying, location, location,location is the driver. Sunday market right outside the doorway and walking distance to just about all we needed says it all!
LOVED the heated bathroom floors and little fireplace :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple