“Great place to relax with comfort on a real ranch!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Davis
Harvard Lodge at Sproul Ranch
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Sproul Ranch is a wonderful place to relax, enjoy nature, We stay here every year for a
long weekend to shed some stress of the world of work . It does the trick. We enjoy the
room suites, the barbecue facilities, the hot tub, and the trap and skeet range. Last year we also went 4 wheeling arranged by the mgnmnt. Perfect! Highly reccommended!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXtravelers_9
There are newer reviews for Harvard Lodge at Sproul Ranch

Reviewed 13 July 2009

I traveled to Fort Davis for business but soon realized this was a place I would come back with my family and friends. The people were amazing, the facilities wer great and the scenery was beautiful. I have told everyone I know about the great experience I had at the Sproul Ranch Hotel. Thanks so much to "Shug" and Tony for making it feel like a home away from home. WE WILL BE BACK ! I did not experience anything like the other 2 negative comments. If you want perfection good luck, being in heaven is the only way I think it could have gotten any better out here. Thanks - God Bless Kerry and Joanna Pack

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jpack88
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Sproul Ranch suites on the ranch and loved it. These other people who have had bad prior experiences, sounds like they they need to be at the Hilton, the service was great, the pool and the view was great, and what we enjoyed the most was the, make yourself at home atmoshpere, I want to thank Tony, Steve a.k.a.(shug), and their wives for all their hospitality and friendships, thank ya'll for your kindness. We also really enjoyed getting to meet some potential lifelong friends while staying at the Sproul. If you want to get a true tastes of good ole' country life with a little style then the Sproul is for you. If you want perfection then stay at the Hilton, and I bet they won't give your perfection all the time their either. I highly recommend the Sproul Ranch to anyone who is looking to enjoy this land that God has blessed us with.

We love ya'll and God Bless,
Kerry and Joanna Pack

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kerry8888
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We stayed at the Sproul Ranch Cabin, you would think that for more than 200.00 per night there would be a better room. the bathroom shower was from a trailer house, the commode lid was broken, the stove was very old, and I found a bag of trash in the cupboard with a dirty used syringe and bloody gauze. There was one extra role of toilet tissue, and cooking utensils. We could not get in touch with any one regarding the facility, and the cell phones do not work out there. There are no phones in the rooms, so if you need to make a call, you have to go back into town. If you take a dog, they do not want them in the rooms, however, there is a kennel there but only for large dogs, small dogs can't stay in them, be prepared to pay 150.00 extra. That is their boarding fee. The taxes for staying there are 21%, so be prepared. I have stayed at the Harvard, and I just get the feeling these folks think they are above giving good service. I will try to stay elsewhere and frequent Ft. Davis often.

• Stayed: July 2009
ttimmons, Owner at Harvard Lodge at Sproul Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2010

We apologize for the unusual cleaning oversight. We make every effort to provide the cleanest accommodations and regret missing any trash from a prior guest. We do offer a kennel for large dogs for a charge of $10.00 per day. No pets are allowed in the rooms. The $150.00 charge applies only in the event that a guest disobeys our pet policy and their pet were to damage our rooms. Local and state hotel occupancy tax is 13%, not 21% as stated in the review. The reviewer is correct that cell phones do not work at the ranch, however each guest is informed that a landline phone is available in our pool cabana. The Cabin is recently remodeled and has never contained any trailer house items. We receive many repeat customers for our Cabin and continue to work to make it a clean, comfortable enjoyable overnight accommodation.

A TripAdvisor Member
Austin
Reviewed 29 May 2006

We had completely the opposite experience of the previous reviewer. We stayed at the Harvard Hotel - the 8 room hotel owned by the same people who own the ranch lodge. The hotel was built in 2005, I belive, and was perfect. Good price. Excellent rooms - very comfortable, nice decor, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, TV and DVD player. Great bathrooms and we had all the "free" hotel stuff, except for lotion. The building the hotel is located in has a great coffee house and is on the main street in Fort Davis - which is precious.

We loved the hotel and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2006

When I made the booking, the person on the phone gave me incorrect and misleading information about the lodge on the ranch. For ex., the web said the "state of the art" gym was free, the owner said it was open all the time. Neither was true. And it didn't even have an incline or a flat bench. Then our room was missing and/or ran out of basic amenities (ie, shampoo, tissue paper). Service recovery/customer service was the worst. One positive -- the rooms are pretty. But the lack of customer service soured us on Fort Davis period.

• Stayed: April 2006
6.8 km away
Fort Davis Inn And Rv Park
Fort Davis Inn And Rv Park
#8 of 9 in Fort Davis

Been to Harvard Lodge at Sproul Ranch? Share your experiences!