All reviewscookiescarriage housemcdonald observatorywest texassitting roomantique furniturebrownietake homepet pigcoffee cakeb bsft davishigh ceilingseach morningrelaxing place to staystay there againenjoyed our stay
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Our room was spacious and very well-appointed. The Veranda is a very comfortable place to stay and the service is excellent. Great coffee, too!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judy S S
Reviewed April 2, 2012

What a wonderful place to relax and start a vacation. Each of the rooms- we had one and the couple we were traveling with had one- were perfect. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were airy and clean, and the bathrooms were totally fine. AND the breakfasts were beyond superlative! Good, tasty, served well, and with lots of great coffee. They also had a table on which they kept little treats that we could have during the day and evening! Yummy! AND we got a treat bag when we left. This place was perfect.

Room Tip: I looked at a lot of them. They all looked great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnS3703
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed in. the Garden cottage. It was adorable. I was able to be alone & yet near people. It was very clean & comfortable. The owners were very gracious and the food was delicious. The Inn itself is beautiful. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank catatopia
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Veranda twice in the last 7 months! I was going to make it a third time, but unsurprisingly it is booked! I fell in love with the charming cottage I stayed in last time I was there. I absolutely recommend staying at this bed and breakfast! David is so hospitable and the entire staff is very kind and caring. You won't be disappointed especially after experiencing the yummy fresh brewed coffee and amazing breakfast meals.

Room Tip: The separate cottage is perfect if you want to have a nice and quiet place all to yourself!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jo N
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We spent four nights with David at the Veranda Inn and we had a wonderful time. This very old hotel has been spruced up but the character remains. The ceilings must be 12 feet or more, the walls solid and very thick, and thus the privacy is great. The rooms are large and comfortable with lots of furniture. The beds are very nice, David was very helpful and knowledgeable about the attractions of the area. Breakfasts were extraordinary, and the "goodies" left out each day were outstanding. The brownies were my downfall. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple