“walter's is worth investigating”

The Walters Art Museum
Ranked #3 of 226 things to do in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“walter's is worth investigating”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Feels like stepping outside of America, lots to view and admire, especially since it so tied to english heritage. Just a hop from Baltimore Arts musuem, is not to hard to find, but parking on street is limited, so prepare to walk. It's free, and is worth it! My college student hates looking at impressionistic art, but she liked the Walker based on it's style and not just a bunch of painings on bare walls.

Alexandria, VA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Wonderful collection- admission by donation”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Parking was easy in the lot across the street. More that I could see in a day- vast collection from throughout the world. Painting, sculpture, objects & artifacts. From what I saw, I liked best a temporary exhibit of The watercolors of Léon Bonvin (which ends May 20, 2012). Absolutely worth a visit.

1 Thank Denaf
Kutztown, PA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A Gem”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Enjoyed the The Ancient Americas Show, up until May 20th, 2012. The staff was very friendly.
They have picture window upstairs the Walters where you can watch art restorers at work, and they even encourage visitors to ask questions of the restorers. That is something cool I haven't seen before. Much of the museum collection is online, so you might familiarize yourself with the artwork in advance.
We attended a forum in the lecture hall, which was free with admission. The acoustics and seating were first-rate.

1 Thank kevinmpa
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice afternoon visit”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Walters is definitely a nice afternoon visit. The fact that admission is free is even better. Went on an afternoon with my boyfriend and we had a nice time touring the museum.

Only problem was we didn't have enough time! The Walters is definitely bigger than it looks so make sure you save enough time to enjoy it. We left ourselves about 2 hours and needed probably a half hour more. However about 15 minutes to closing time employees started to tell us to leave the viewing rooms and that the museum was closing. We had about 10 minutes left and wanted to check the gift shop real quick but they wouldn't even let us do that. When they say they're closing they mean it! It's a great place to visit just make sure to save yourself enough time!

Visited November 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely collection”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I visited this museum my last day in Baltimore; I thought I could get through it in a few hours and wished I had more time to spend. The collection is beautiful, I particularly liked the Dutch nobleman's rooms and the Asian art collection in the Henderson House. Admission is free! The cafe was surprisingly reasonably priced for a museum cafe; a sandwhich, soda, and cookie was about $10 (would easily be $15 at other museums). I would go all the time if I lived in the area.