“Wonderful Birthday Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Birthday Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I give this place a 5 star. I'm a Marriott person & this was my first visit ever to a Hilton. Got a wonderful rate from Hotwire for $112 for a King Room with a beautiful view of the Baltimore which normal rate starts around $229 a night. From the time I walked through the door from the time I left, this was a wonderful stay. The decor is beautiful which I am a stickler for interior decorating. I arrived around 5:30pm on Saturday 3/3/12. The only down side was my greet into the hotel. Very quick which was good but it was a "hello, where's your credit card, here's your room keys and thats it" kind of quick. Not even a have a great stay but I was able to bypass that because my check out was wonderful. The morning staff was more chipper. The room beautiful, the bed I wanted to take home with me:) and the view was outstanding. My main purpose was to visit Phillips while I was here. Our reservations were at 9pm and I did not realize how close it was. We caught a quick cab that cost us $4.50 (because of the lights) but realized it was only a good 3-4 blocks away which we decided to walk back to the hotel because it was a beautiful evening. In route to Phillips we did not know there were so many attractions just a few footsteps away. Cheesecake Factory, Hard Rock Cafe, Uno's Pizza and of course the Harbor. The Hilton is in the perfect location. We didn't get a chance to visit anything within the hotel but it is close enough reach to the Inner Harbor. Location is perfect and we had no problems walking back at night. Safe area. I must say, Hilton, you definately have my vote for an outstanding stay. Thank you so much and if in the area again, I most definately will reserve my stay here. Oh yea..the marriott is right across the street:( but you have my vote.

Room Tip: Choose a high room. The view is beautiful Choose a room close the elevators. The hallways are long...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Piscesbaby82
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate the amount of detail you provided in many areas and we are excited that you enjoed your stay with us.

Our location is second to none, as the Hilton Baltimore is the closest full service hotel located next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Stadium (Home of the Ravens). The Hilton Baltimore has direct and the only enclosed hotel connection to the Baltimore Convention Center, a short distance to 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and many other attractions. In addition, we have both Charm City Circulator stop at the entrance of the hotel as well as the MARC Light Rail stop that brings and takes you to Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Korean first
Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I held a meeting here in January 2011 and January 2012, and will come back in 2013. Hotel has a great location for inner harbor access, as well as accessing the convention center. Rooms are clean and spacious, and the meeting facilities are top notch. Only complaint is the UPS Store on the second floor, which is in charge of all shipping, will grossly overcharge you is you ship boxes to yourself ahead of time.

I think the lobby bar should be expanded, it's crowded and popular every time I am there!

There is a hotel restaurant, but there's a good amount of food options within walking distance, so I've never actually eaten at the hotel's restaurant.

The concierge lounge had decent food and good service. A nice place to hang out after a long day.

Also, the fitness center overlooks the baseball stadium, so you can run on the treadmill with a great view!

I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ConferenceMgr
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Hilton Baltimore is located right in the heart of downtown and is connected by bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center. Front desk staff was a little less enthusiastic about my visit and not very helpful in terms of explaining Hilton Gold lounge access. Concierge was excellent, though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
We would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore for your recent stay and we appreciate your feedback. We are also excited that you enjoyed our location and will share your comments with our team.

We look forward to welcome you back.
State Road, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hotel has a great downtown location on W. Pratt St. at Eutaw St. for the Inner Harbor (3-4 blocks west), Convention Center (adjacent), and Camden Yard (adjacent). We got a great deal by booking with Priceline - $70.00/88.10 with taxes - for a room with 2 double beds. The best rate booking through Hilton would have been $159.00, so we felt like we'd hit the jackpot. The hotel lobby and public areas are beautiful. Check-in was quick and courteous. The room was spotlessly clean and well soundproofed from outside noise; comfortable beds, huge flat screen TV, big thick towels. The restaurant - Diamond Tavern - is located in a separate building across a wide sidewalk from the main building - accessible by a skywalk on the second floor if weather is bad. No free breakfast here: continental breakfast was $14.00 for cereals, muffins, juice and coffee. The stone cut oatmeal was very good - hot. Self-parking in the deck was $28.00 a day.
The only negative thing to report (and my reason for 4 stars instead of five) was that when we got to our room after checking in, the room key would not work, and we had to go back downstairs to get them reprogrammed. When we got back upstairs, it took several tries (and a few muffled *@%! words) before the key finally worked. Then we could not get in again after dinner and had to get the keys reprogrammed again. A real nuisance! And two glasses of house wine from the hotel bar cost $22.00, so you may want to bring your own, or drink elsewhere.
We had a wonderful dinner at Alewife Tavern, which is located about 3 blocks up Eutaw St. A nice short walk.
We would certainly stay here again if we could get another good rate through Priceline. Otherwise, it would be too pricey for our budget.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback through Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that your room accommodations were satisfactory and you had a "very good stay with us." We appreciate your feedback in regards to the key malfuntioning, which it was rectified and we have found a positive solution so issues like this are minimize in the future.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I just spent a week in the Hilton Baltimore on business, and the overall experience was typical of Hilton, very good. I have to say that the ONE thing that stood out though was the front of house, door / bell / valet / desk were all outstanding! they greeted me by name, always had my car up quickly, recommended great restaurants, gave good directions and ideas for my first time visit. I would recommend this Hilton for business travel or convention center access, but not for those looking for a Baltimore "value" stay.

Service - Always great, as written above. Every staff member we met was nice and went out of their way to help.

Value - Well typical downtown Hilton. No value there, can't even get a free cup of coffee anywhere. PARK IN THE GARAGE - $28 per day, Valet is $40 per day and the garage is VERY easy to get in and out so you can save yourself a little money there.

Cleanliness - Lobby and public areas very well maintained. Housekeeping could pay a little more attention to detail (towels, soap replacement, etc) but it was still fine.

Location - VERY convenient for convention center and inner harbor.

Restaurant - OUCH on the prices, but the food was very good. Avoid the $20 breakfast buffet unless you are REALLY hungry you won't get your money's worth.

Room Tip: Overlooking the ballpark is nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback through Trip Advisor. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for acknowledging the friendliness of our team members as well. All of us work hard and we consistently go the extra mile to ensure our guests’ satisfaction.

We appreciate your feedback in regards to the hotel cleanliness and value. Although we have a charge for parking services, this is on par with other hotels in the area. We would like to thank you as well for recognizing our food quality in our Diamond Tavern restaurant and you will be please to know that we have upgrade our menu items as well.

West Hartford, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The good news is that I won the hotel on priceline after indicating a Baltimore inner habor choice. Though I was somewhat disappointed that we did not get a location very close to the waterfront, the five or six blocks walk is easily done in decent weather. We were welcomed efficiently, but the desk staff person was not overly friendly and did not offer tips on what might be in the area or refer us to the concierge. The decor of the lobby is a bit cold too; even though the style is contemporary and has a great mural behind the front desk, something more is needed to give a bit of warmth.
The room is on the small side for a 4 star hotel but the beds are very comfortable! Wifi service was good. Additionally we were pleased with the shower, shampoo, and lotions provided by the hotel. The room was clean with the exception of the lamp which someone neglected to dust. Also, we were missing items from the coffee making kit.
A couple of things marred our stay a bit. First,there was a future teachers convention there and several of the students were loud and raucous in the hallways and swimming pool (like a frat party). Also, the bellwoman there told me she would get us a taxi to the cruise port, a mere two miles away and stopped the van of a driver she apparently knew. Not a standard taxi. The fare should just be a few bucks; within minutes I inquired about the price and was told 30.00!!! When asked to be let out, the driver brought the fare down to 20. I sincerely believe the bellwoman/doorwoman KNEW this guy and was trying to get him extra business. I did not like the one bit and feel it reflects badly upon the Hilton.
The hotel does have potential and could be an even better venue if the management were to seriously consider the trends delinated in these reviews.

Room Tip: If they like baseball request a room overlooking the Orioles ball park.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank We'reReady!!
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore for your recent stay and we are truly sorry for the few inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback in regards to the taxi service overpriced and the noise with a group in the hotel and will definitely share this with our team.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Willingboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

My Husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton in Baltimore Maryland for our 19th wedding anniversary. I didn't know how I would make this anniversary special but that God i didn't have to....
The staff could not have been more gracious and accommodating. Specifically, I am indebted to Abiola, the front desk supervisor, for making our stay a home away from home. She never seemed agitated by each request both, during the planning process via telephone and once we arrived. So often, you never see the person with whom you spoke, while making the reservations but it was such a load off of my mind to know that everything we discussed would be in place because she was handling it, personally. Abiola’s hospitality, kindness, and professionalism are unparalleled. I mentioned our traveling once a year for our anniversaries, but I also travel quite a bit in and out of the country, during the year. I’ve been upgraded and given beautiful rooms before, but never have I been moved to fondly remember the warm smile and kind, attentive disposition of a staff member the next day.
Again, we enjoyed a truly phenomenal stay at your wonderful hotel due in large part to the willingness of Abiola to personally guarantee our stay’s success. We would also like to thank our bell girl Naquisha. The magnificence of the splendor of your hotel’s beauty is only surpassed by the superior service of your fine staff. We will send anyone staying anywhere near the Baltimore Harbor to the Baltimore Hilton.
Mr. & Mrs. Robinson

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback; we are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are pleased that our product and location are deserving of the highest rating you could provide, but are more pleased and proud of our staff. We will share your feedback with our team and thank you very much for recognizing them.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.