1,854 results
All reviews wine hour marble staircase mediterranean suite high ceilings wine reception american brasserie yoga mat raid the mini bar historic building beautiful hotel living room complimentary wine rewards program valet parking charles street few blocks valet service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here last month to celebrate my lady’s birthday. The staff here was welcoming at first sight. They were pleasant, curteaus and helpful. They gave suggestions on places to go and some of the highlights in the area. The hotel it’s self is very well kept, the ambiance is quaint. The wine tasting they had on the day we checked in was awesome. The room and the room service was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will most definitely be staying there again real soon.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

John, thank you for including the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor in your wife’s birthday celebration. We are delighted to know that our staff was attentive to your needs and made you feel at home. It is important that all of our guests enjoy a comfortable and carefree stay. Thank you for recommending us to future guests! We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Incompetent mgr put me in 3 different rooms that all turned out to be occupied. He could not figure out-for an hour-that they were full and my prepaid reservation was worthless. Plus nasty. Never Kimpton.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am very sorry for the oversight on our part whilst getting you checked in for your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I would like for you to reach out to me personally so that we can further discuss this matter. It is never our attention for guests to have any difficulty while staying with us, nor leave unsatisfied. I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Made a reservation at Hotel Monaco because a colleague was staying there. Arrived tonight to a sloppy, messy foyer. Empty pizza boxes in the planters. Random people (who didn't look like they were staying there) hanging around in the 1st floor lobby. Doorman didn't even offer to open the door for me let alone have someone assist with my luggage. Went up one floor to find a deserted front desk. A man in a sweatsuit (yes, a sweatsuit) arrives, greets me pleasantly enough, and begins typing on a terminal. I figured he was going to check me in but after waiting several minutes I learned he is the building engineer and cannot help me. He retrieves someone from the office (they had been there the whole time). After about 10 minutes of hunting and pecking on the keyboard, during which she placed at least 3 hotel guests on permanent hold, she proceeds to tell me she has to go back in the office to get me a room as none are showing available. She walked back to the office as slowly as possible.... slow enough to make the point that helping me is just too much trouble and really beneath her. By this point I am getting frustrated. A manager comes out of the office and announces to me that there are no rooms but they will send me to their sister property (only 1.2 miles away, which in Baltimore traffic may as well be Siberia). I objected, as I had a confirmed reservation along with a breakfast reservation for 8 which they had contacted me to confirm at least 3 separate times. All I got was dismissive attitude. "Beneath my pay grade". No apologies. No offer of any type of discount or other accommodations beyond calling a cab to take me to their sister property at the same rate... these people are slow, lazy, indifferent and they have absolutely no business running a Super 8, let alone a 4 Diamond hotel. And that was the thing that I found the most amusing.. the AAA 4 Diamond awards hanging next to the sloppy, paper strewn, disorganized and abandoned front desk. I meant to check how old they are but they must be ancient. Hotel Monaco, you'd better cherish those awards as I doubt you will see any more of them. Folks, don't waste your time here. This is a poorly run roadside hotel that just happens to be in a nice building. There are plenty of better choices in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DS2881

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are truly sorry for the issues you faced upon arrival with our property and that we had to transfer you to a sister property. This was due to complete oversight on our part and we are extremely disappointed in our presentation of our hotel to you. We value you, your business and your feedback and we hope you'll give us another chance to provide you with the exceptional stay you deserve. Please, fee free to reach out to me so that I can further discuss your experience and speak to you directly.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

Beautiful hotel but combination of staff with poor attitudes and various mechanical and systems issues made our stay poor bordering on awful. We arrived about Noon, well before check in time so asked if our room was ready. They said it would be an hour so we asked to be directed to the restaurant. They told us the restaurant was closed for maintenance. We ended up going elsewhere. We checked back at 1:40 (an hour an forty minutes vs the 1 hour estimated) and were rudely told check in didn't start until 3:00. I reminded them they told us 1:00 and said "well, things changed." Finally our room was ready. The next morning we went to the restaurant for breakfast and were told the people who literally sat down 5 seconds before we did were the last customers to be served until lunch time. We then went back at lunch time and were told they had stopped serving food for the day. All of these interactions with the restaurant staff were unpleasant and they were quite rude. I understand problems can occur but there was no reason for them to be so rude.

Room tip: Choose a room at one of the other nearby hotels
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank franklyspeaking22

I want to thank you for your feedback as well as your patience while we prepped for checkin. I am truly sorry for the oversight on our part for, making you wait to get access to your room and for the difficulty during your stay. We never want our guests to be unhappy and I hope you'll reach out to me directly so that we can further discuss what we can do to make it up to you. Thank you for staying with us and for your business.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

I booked the hotel based off the beautiful pictures on the internet, and I wasn't disappointed, it is absolutely amazing. But, what really made our stay memorable was the front desk ambassador Moya-Lee Jones! This beautiful lady responded immediately to my request for an upgrade for our special night. Without hesitation, on the phone I might add, she granted the request. When I arrived, she was familiar with having spoken to me earlier on the phone and assured me an upgrade had been provided.

The room was gorgeous, she had really gone out of her way to make this special for us. Upon check out, she was just as gracious as she was the day prior. It is important to give kudos when due, she made our stay all the more special, with that lovely smile and personality. We will be back in December and we hope to see Miss Moya then!

Room tip: Ask for a suite, only way to go!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor. We are delighted to know we met all your expectations for an amazing stay and that you were especially impressed with our courteous associates. Your compliments will surely be shared with Moya, and we look forward to your next visit.

Juan A. Webster,