All reviews bank building free shuttle johns hopkins shuttle service front desk gay street inner harbor hotel shuttle free breakfast another guest short stay hot breakfast the breakfast area comfortable room few blocks historic building national aquarium
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

CONS: Drug use in the hallway, loud partying and "undesirable" people doing drugs right outside my room who threatened us with violence at the room door. Hotel is located in a terrible neighborhood. I found out later that it is the Red Light District.
The shuttle was unreliable- shuttle driver stranded us with no warning. A cab cost $20 to get back from Fells Point because walking in this neighborhood is so unsafe. The staff at the time did not seem interested in correcting our safety concerns. The entire hallway reeked of drugs and nobody addressed it. They just wanted to get rid of us. I doubt the police were even called.

PROS: I got a refund when I "escaped" at midnight for fear of our safety.

We drove around at midnight in a strange place looking for a hotel after leaving this Holiday Inn in a hurry. Thankfully we found one. What a nightmare.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hi darias_mommy,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to read about the customer service received from our hotel staff. Also, the safety and security of our guests have always been our highest priority and I regret letting you feel otherwise.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly. I would also like to follow-up on your experience and as such, I have sent you a private message.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 27, 2018

It’s been two years since I’ve been here, and nothing has changed. The desk employees are wonderfully friendly and kind. They go out of their way to make you comfortable. Breakfast is delcious and hot, 24 hour coffee availability, and the laundry room is open 24/7, which was perfect when you had to do laundry after the Oriole’s game. I will be back again,

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Virtual C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear SabrinaFair101,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown for your recent stay! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I'm especially glad you were able to experience the marvelous amenities our hotel has to offer, including our delicious complimentary breakfast, 24hr coffee bar, on-site guest laundry and convenient proximity to Camden Yards. It was a pleasure to have you back with us, and we look forward to seeing you once again for an even better experience!

- Amaka O.
Front Desk

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I was given a choice between a silent room vs a room that has a good view; I chose the latter and was provided with one in the top floor that has one of the wonderful views of the city - with the City Hall dome brightly lit in the night. The reception staff member Rixa was very helpful in letting me know about the amenities like the free hourly shuttle service that indeed was useful to shuttle between the hotel and my conference. She also helped me find some of the good spots in the city as I told her that I am interested photography. Karlo helped me, by picking up or dropping me in nearby locations, using the shuttle bus. He was always on time and did his best to accommodate my interests in visiting a few places around. All the staff members were kind & friendly, and well informed. Enjoyed my stay! Breakfast was very good too!

Room tip: Top floor with the city view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Ram Das D,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown for your recent stay! At the Holiday Inn, our staff works very hard to provide our guests with clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service, so we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle services and our convenient location to all the "good spots in the city". Thank you so much for your kinds words about our staff, we look forward to seeing you again for an even better experience!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Spacious and quiet rooms. Shuttle was reliable and prompt. Karlo was accommodating and very helpful! Overall, a great experience. Places to go are the Aquarium, Science Museum, Ripleys, Lexington Market, etc....

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear noypi2018,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown for your recent stay! At the Holiday Inn, our staff works very hard to provide our guests with clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service, so we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle services and convenient location to the Inner Harbor and local attractions. We look forward to seeing you again for an even better experience!

Reviewed August 15, 2018

While my critically ill husband was hospitalized at Johns Hopkins for 3 weeks, I stayed professional but pleasant driver, James. After exhausting tense days at the hospital, I was met each evening with friendly smiles and a spotless comfortable room. The staff was most accommodating when I had to extend my stay. The free breakfast, laundry facilities, in-room microwave, and mini-fridge all helped make my days easier. When I am in Baltimore again, this will be my first choice.
(This hotel itself is a restored bank building with interesting architectural details.)

Date of stay: July 2018