All reviews johns hopkins lucy boston homeless people shuttle service choice hotels waffle maker walk in shower parking fee minute walk after dark the breakfast area within walking distance power plant live free shuttle the general manager front desk staff free breakfast
Reviewed October 27, 2018

Depending on what you're looking for at a hotel will determine whether to stay here or not. As for location, it's not at the inner harbor, that's misleading. While it's not far, it's misleading. Not a lot of parking if the hotel is filled up. I was there on a weekend night and was able to find a street spot out back but didn't feel good about the area back there so ended up parking in the lot. At $15 it's really cheap and worth it. As for hotel, not sure how long this has been a hotel and it did seem on the newer side given the condition and cleanliness of the rooms. Nice shower! But the design of the room/furniture is flawed. There is a lounging chair but no ottoman to kick your feet up on. And, if you wanted to work on a laptop while plugged in, there was no outlet close enough to do so. That didn't make sense at all. Also, no mini-fridges or microwaves in the rooms. The latter isn't that big of deal to me but I do want a mini-fridge especially if there are cold beverages or leftover food to keep cold. The worst part of the rooms...absolutely NO sound barrier between rooms. Not only could I hear the couple in the room next to me talking, I could actually hear what they were saying as if we were all in the same room. Why bother putting up walls between rooms and between floors? Not an iota of insulation anywhere to be found. Ah but the greed of all the companies to make money for their board members and stockholders. Build as cheap as possible by cutting corners wherever you can get away with it. Much like the removal of exhaust fans in the bathrooms. Heaven forbid you spend the money to put them in, you know the ones in which the guest actually turns on and off, the one that can be heard so that other people sharing the room aren't privy to every noise going on in there. And thus, the Sleep Inn is not a place I'd return to as it's simply unacceptable to be "sharing" a room with those in the rooms next to me, above and below me. As for breakfast, the typical scrambled eggs and sausage, at least it's included in the cost of the room and was appreciated.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kristen W
Reviewed October 18, 2018

Very nice hotel with a super helpful staff! We were only there for one night for a dr appt at JH early the next morning. Onsite parking was very convenient! The bed was very comfortable and the room was tastefully appointed and very clean! There really wasn't anywhere to eat dinner near the hotel. The next day we did see a take out place about 1/2 block away. We had asked at the desk and the woman that was working wasn't aware of it apparently but suggested a restaurant named Mo's that would pick you up in a van and take you to their restaurant and then bring you back. While that was convenient dinner was expensive and we really couldn't eat it all. Also, while we didn't notice any noise in the evening or during the night (we did have the TV on), the next morning someone sneezed rather quietly in the next room and it was like she was in our room!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

After reading the bad reviews I thought well, there are more good ones, won’t happen to me. WRONG. We were charged $150 for smoking when we did NOT SMOKE. I am not a smoker. My man is and I would NEVER let him smoke in a room I am in, nevermind one that has signs posted everywhere that you will be charged. You’d have to be a moron. I was the last one out and there was no smoking and no smell of smoking. There was NO SMOKING in our room PERIOD. I don’t know if they have a maid problem where they smoke and steal things (I saw other reviews where people are charged for stealing when they didn’t) but it’s not worth it. We could have stayed right on the harbor for what we were scammed for here. I love traveling and staying in hotels and do it often and have NEVER had an issue from any hotel before. And when you call about it, they say too bad so sad. So they will just charge your card for whatever they want. Scam!! Do not stay here or they will find a reason to steal your money!!!! This was my first and last time choosing a Sleep Inn anywhere in the nation, and my family and friends have been warned as well. Do not bother with this hotel, you will think inexpensive until they charge you extra for things you didn’t do. Pay the extra and go stay in a better part of town. We traveled with another couple and they were locked out of their room for a very long time. DO NOT STAY HERE. They will scam you!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank E6158DXmichellea
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Sleep Inn is a great place to stay if you don't mind a hike to the convention center and all you really want is a comfortable bed and a clean hot shower. They have a complete breakfast. They have quality toilet paper. (plus)
They staff were helpful. The cost is nearly half the price of hotels adjacent to the convention center. They do have a $15.00 per night parking fee that I was not expecting.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This was a really lovely, helpful hotel for the price, right in Downtown Baltimore. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good and even had options for those who couldn't eat danishes and bagels...and I was incredibly jealous of the 'make your own waffles' station!

I will say, however, that the walls were rather thin and we were treated to some very interesting sounds our first evening at the hotel. The second was much quieter.

Date of stay: September 2018