“Casual, friendly and wonderful crab cakes.”
Review of Koco's Pub

Koco's Pub
Ranked #10 of 2,419 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2016

Koco' s has a full menu, but the crab cakes keep us coming back. Always busy so make a rez for dinner.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

The crab cakes are huge, delicious and full of crab meat!!! My husband had the shrimp salad sandwich- large shrimp and very tasty! We ordered the Raspberry Jalapeno wings for our app and they were very good as well! The only thing I would have changed was getting a salad with my cc instead of fries cause the fries are nothing special. Hope to go back very soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2016

I have been going to Koco's Pub for many years. They have the BEST crab cakes hands down in Maryland and/or tri-state area. I have never had a bad experience. You definitely get what you pay for. Their crab cakes are made fresh with lump crab meat and with little to no filler. They are the size of a softball. I have also had their BBQ ribs and steaks... very tasty and the proportions are satisfying. Also their crab soups are freshly made and loaded with crab meat. Another must try are their Parrothead chicken. Friendly staff that always go out of their way to make sure you are receiving quality service. This place is always busy and has limited seating... I suggest reservations. Parking is also a bit tricky... you might need to loop around the block once or twice. I promise it's worth it...you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

This is the 2nd visit to Koco's (we're up visiting from FL). Was able to get together with family and have the BEST CRAB CAKE that Baltimore has to offer. 4 got the crab cake platter with fries & Cole slaw, while the other 3 platters were Caesar salad & crab cake. They are sooooo good. The place is ALWAYS busy, recommend reservations.
You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

I can understand why the tourists don't make it out of the harbor and up here for crab cakes. But, the rest of you? get in the car (or uber). It's in the heart of Lauraville, and worth the drive - shoot meander up the block to Maggie's for a cocktail. Clearly everyone else is, it was evening on a Wednesday and this place was packed. I grabbed us a few seats at the bar.

I have long believed they have one of the better crab cakes in this city - not cheap, though - the platter rings in at just under $25. One very very large crab cake, fries and some coleslaw. For what they lack in fries, they certainly make up in crab cakes. My singular complaint for Koco's is the frozen from a bag generic french fries; but that didn't stop me from eating every single one. I guess we all have our vices...

First off, they are HUGE, like bigger than my fist, huge. They get a high quality Maryland Blue lump crab and mix the succulent meat with so little filler, it's amazing that it keeps it shape. This is how I like my crab cakes and have ever since I lived on the eastern shore. They broil their crab cakes to a perfect golden brown. This crab cake is a little, should we say - "saucy" - creating a creamy old bay texture to the cake.

I won't tell you that you have to order the crab cake. I hear they make great wings and shrimp salad. I am saying that you will be envious of all the other guests if you don't.

Been to Koco's Pub? Share your experiences!